Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gts69

WTB BULKHEAD FITTING

I'd be surprised to find an irrigation shop that does not stock these! http://www.hansenproducts.com/products/thread/SFTFT.htm

The brand and fittings are common place for irrigation.

If Munruben1 can't find you some, just do a google or yellow pages search for irrigation shops close to you and give them a call. I'm sure you will find some pretty easy.

your right i have seen hundreds of them the issue is there way larger in diameter and who ever built the tank (im the second owner of it) put the holes to close to the glass and them fittings hit the glass making it imposible to use them trust me ive tried grrrrrrr

Hey mate I had the same problem with some tanks I bought. The holes were to close to the side and the top. I ended up using a hacksaw and trimming off one edge of the bulkhead. Just don't trim it right back to the pipe, leave some flat face so it seals.

If you look to the side of the red line you can see where I cut it. Just make sure you turn it so one of the nut faces is parallel to the side of the tank.

ill look at that i have a feeling room will still be a issue i did think about it in the past and threw the idea away for some reason i may revisit it and see why thanks for the thought

Unfortunately the ones I have are 25mm not 15mm, there are 2 shops along Beaudesert Road at Coopers Plains / Rocklea? one being Tony Powell & the other McCrakens (not spelt right) mine would have came from one of them. The Yatala pump shop could be a good choice also & I find the big Mitre 10 at Beenleigh have a good range of fittings.

The other option could to glass plate the existing holes and then redrill the holes.

your right i have seen hundreds of them the issue is there way larger in diameter and who ever built the tank (im the second owner of it) put the holes to close to the glass and them fittings hit the glass making it imposible to use them trust me ive tried grrrrrrr

Oh, sorry mate. I didn't understand that part.

What about these ones http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_33/products_id/6929?osCsid=feb34724fe39de772202cfed43fef667