crajode4655

Opinions on External UV Filter/Pump

Was looking at Guppy's last night and came across these for $100 each, they flow 1500lph, which I thought would be better than the fluval 204 running on one of my 4fters and an internal canister filter (Aqua one) on my other 4fter.

Anyone had one before or know if they are any good????

http--www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au-internal-external-filters-canister-filters-1500l-h-with-uv-canister-filter-with-all-filter-media-new-prod_28.html

iv got 2 1500lph with uv and one without. good filters but expect them not to flow like that once you jam in your own media.

also the uv lights need replacing every 6months or so.( have had one last a year one last 2months soooo)

they only 20bucks a pop. but dont get fooled by how cheap it is, if you have to buy new media it all adds up.

this was only cheaper 4 me as i have a heap of spare good media.

Even once full of media they should still flow more than 1000lph yeah? If so Id be cycling my tank atleast 5 times an hour maybe more which would be more than adequate for the 25-30 fish in the tank. The Fluval 204 is too small imo and you notice flow dropping off a week after a clean.

yeah nothing wrong with the filters themselfs just the media. sum come with just a hand full of balls and white filter wool pads.

sum come with just white filter pads and sum come with nothing at all...lol

i got one of them from aquarium products onlne and they throw in sum half good media for free when you buy a few things.

so just take into account the extra media price b4 you decide. it does still work out cheaper but only just.

yeah expect to lose sum flow. that 1500lph is tested with no media and on hoses so you lose heaps dude.

dont expect much over 1000lph once full. i havnt tested mine out only tested the 1000lph iv got aswell and once full of media and been running for a few weeks the 1000lph drops to bout 650lph so big drop. just buy the next size up than you need like i did, that way once the flow drops you get what you were after in the first place.

bring it to aoa for cheaper and easier warranty claims. got the 1500 and the bigger one aswell.... 3 years and still going....

tho a friend had 1 and it burnt out in 10 months or so....