I redid the tank layout. I also removed the other rd/midas and sub adult jag. The two jags paired up even though they were both males and as a result took out the umbee. :irked:

No more con specifics from now on. Anyway, here is a pic of the final layout. Pic was taken with tank lights only so it is a little blurry.

4662571015_35830fdc68_o.jpg

looks the goods! i like this scape better... bit more natural. How big/old is your Saum? if you don't mind me asking, my 3 seem to have halted growth at 20cm.. yet yours seems much bigger

Thanks to all for the comments. :)

how bigs this tank dude? looks mad, like the barebottom tank look now hey. just made all my tanks like that not long ago.

9'x 4'x 3.4' :)

wow went to your web site to have a look, that is sum kool sh*t dude.

do you mind me asking what dollars where needed to get that thing setup?not including filters.

again WOW. ;)

Glad you liked the site. Here is a breakdown of cost for you.

Ply sheets @ $69 ea (Got these for a steal) = $276

Screws were free

Builders bog = $39

30m x 1m of woven roving mat = $260

18L Boat Cote Epoxy = $340

Black epoxy pigment = $12.73

Epoxy solvent for clean up = $20

Silicone = $67

Polycarbonate lids = $60

Plumbing and lid hold down pipes = $90

36 x Besser blocks = $115

19mm Glass = $1400 delivered

Total $2679.73 without filtration.

I have just overhauled the filtration so you can add $250 for the two 4500lph pumps and another $100 for the new plumbing etc.

This brings the total to $3020 plus the large esky I have used for the sump/filter.

4668336909_28f791a711.jpg

looks the goods! i like this scape better... bit more natural. How big/old is your Saum? if you don't mind me asking, my 3 seem to have halted growth at 20cm.. yet yours seems much bigger

The saum would be about 17mths now and at a guess 8-9" . The only fish I have ever measured in the past is the jag. He is without doubt past 15" so I can only judge the others against him.

I have always found saums to grow very slow once they hit the 8" mark. My last big guy took nearly 3yrs to hit 10.5".

Thanks Ryan. With this set up being outside, heating is a big factor so every bit of insulation helps. Between the tanks thick sides and the insulated sump, 600W of heating has kept up to the task, even with our cold weather lately.

Thanks aussie ;)

At present, stock consists of

1 x Parachromis managuensis

1 x Amphilophus citrinellus/labiatus

1 x `Cichlasoma` bocourti

1 x `Cichlasoma` pearsei

1 x Andinoacara "sp" gold saum

1 x Amphilophus trimaculatus

1 x Cichlasoma festae

1 x Scleropages leichardti

All cichlids are males. :)