clayton31

wats the best food to feed fronnys

have a few fry (3cm) grow very very slow ...was just wondering wats the best thing to feed em..WILL NOT FEED BLOOD WORMS as iv heard alot of not so good stuff bout it ...atm they eating protein crumble and flake

Mysis Shrimp, White Bait, NLS Grow.

Forget about the cheap aquaculture crumble, its basically shit, I used to feed mine mysis in the morning, NLS in auto-timer for lunch time feed and white bait or small prawns in the evening, best way to get them big is to feed smaller amounts more often.

I'm a believer that just cause we eat at set times doesn't mean fish have to, in the wild im sure they graze all day.

I'm not a huge fan of blood worms, maybe once a week for a treat.

Grum.

NLS Grow formula is your friend.

Unfortunately Fronnies are just slow growers, in my fry system (once I get it up and running again) I do a daily change of 15 - 20% with pre-aged water. I usually feed twice a day and then a treat of bloodworm, prawns and brine shrimp once a week.

I find even if a Fronnie is "breeding size" doesn't mean they are mature enough for breeding. I find most fronnies will take 2 years to breed regardless of their size.

Doing the above steps I find Fronnies will grow really quickly to about 8cm, then they will just take their own time to grow...