richierichhsv

Heaters for fish bowls

yes it needs heat but dont use a heater too easy to have troubles

i found over winter just place the bowl on top of one of your heated tanks this generates just enough for the

fighter to get through winter

if you must use heater shift fighter to bigger tank

peter

yes it needs heat but dont use a heater too easy to have troubles

i found over winter just place the bowl on top of one of your heated tanks this generates just enough for the

fighter to get through winter

if you must use heater shift fighter to bigger tank

peter

Probably a stupid question.Can you put them in a tropical fish tank?

yes you can and contrary to theyre name theyre actually timid fish

However be aware because of their tails everything has a go at em and i mean everything so unless its a really peacefull tank the fighter will have a hard time

peter

Sounds good but 30 bucks.A lot for 1 fighting fish.

LMAO my pet (non-breeder) fighters cost $65 each x 9.

They are ALL in community tanks which include fancy guppies (supposed to be a huge no-no but I find that's rubbish), mollys, platys, cories, b/nose, neons and even tiger barbs & they all do just fine. Just show them a bottle of clove oil, they'll all pull their heads in & behave ;)

Sounds good but 30 bucks.A lot for 1 fighting fish.

LMAO my pet (non-breeder) fighters cost $65 each x 9.

They are ALL in community tanks which include fancy guppies (supposed to be a huge no-no but I find that's rubbish), mollys, platys, cories, b/nose, neons and even tiger barbs & they all do just fine. Just show them a bottle of clove oil, they'll all pull their heads in & behave ;)

I have 4 silver dollars, yoyos, peppermint and longfin bn, gourami, guppy and neons.Will the fighting fish be ok with these?

Just show them a bottle of clove oil. :? You lost me on that one.

If you want to, you could try one of those clip on lights that would clip onto the bowl. With the light close enough, it would probably heat the water enough. I'm not sure on prices, and just be careful to concentrate all the light on the water, but its a possibility.

If you want to, you could try one of those clip on lights that would clip onto the bowl. With the light close enough, it would probably heat the water enough. I'm not sure on prices, and just be careful to concentrate all the light on the water, but its a possibility.

Lights are perfect for keeping them except it needs to be on all the time. There are mat heaters which can in the bowl or under the bowl which are really good too. Really depends on the fish whether it would work. I never had any luck having them in with guppies. Never lost a fighter though.

Brad

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

The mats or heating cords Brad mentioned work a treat (sold for reptile heating if you're asking a pet shop). If you want to try him in tank without risk from tank mates lop the top off a clear (empty) juice bottle, punch a stack of holes in the bottom and clamp it to the inside of the tank. Just be careful how you set it up though as fighters can be quite adept at jumping.