Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angel

Glass Drill

just wondering what size you guys use for a 25mm bulkhead fitting? and a 32mm bulkhead fitting?

Nick :)

for a 25mm bulkhead you would use a 25mm or possibly a 28mm drill bit as it would be a 1inch BSP thread

for a 32mm you would use a 35mm drill as this is a common size

cheers pete

p.s. merkinater was sittin beside me and told me to wirte this as i wouldnt have a clue :?:?:?:?

If you only have a few holes to do then the ebay ones seam to work just fine. If you are doing lots and lots of holes then the proper bits are worthwile. Each bit can be in the hundreds. My whole rig with the water check and portable press cost over $1000 plus all the drill bits. I doubt you need to go to that extreme.

Phil.

just wondering what size you guys use for a 25mm bulkhead fitting? and a 32mm bulkhead fitting?

for a 25mm bulkhead you would use a 25mm or possibly a 28mm drill bit as it would be a 1inch BSP thread

cheers pete

p.s. merkinater was sittin beside me and told me to wirte this as i wouldnt have a clue :?:?:?:?

25 mm needs a 35 mm hole and a 32 mm needs a 42 mm hole drilled allways add 10mm for the bulkheads thread to go thru

use the ones from ebay cheap as chips and will cut 100's of holes b4 wear out, i regularly used to get up to 100 holes pr bit at 10bucks each bit nice

works well

buy the cheapp ass ones with the diamond tip pilot bit also, saves making a template :)

i gotta cpl sitting round here i dun want anmore i think brand new

Hey Ray, I have been told that the ones with the pilot bit werent as good, as they present a higher chance at cracking the tank as while you start with the holesaw they may rattle round causing it.. As you are an experienced user of this type can you offer your side on this??

Hey Nathan,

If u buy an 1-1/4" (32mm) bulkhead, the overall diameter is 1-1/4" or 32mm so a 35mm drill is the best size hole. Ur talking bout and internal diameter of 32mm then u will need a bigger hole, so u would b lookin at a 2" bulkhead as they are measure on their thread size which is BSP (British Standard Pipe).

Tim

cheers pete

25 mm needs a 35 mm hole and a 32 mm needs a 42 mm hole drilled allways add 10mm for the bulkheads thread to go thru[/quote:3od6udgj]

Hey Nathan,

I was in bunnings last night lookin to buy some bulkheads, I found that on closer inspection of the tags that u were right, the bulkheads r measured on their internal diameter not the thread size. I apologise for my misinformation. A 25mm bulkhead has a 1-1/4" BSP thread n will require a 35mm hole :egrin:

Tim