Talpha

What are you feeding your Electric Yellows

Hey guys, got a few yellows that are getting ready to breed/breeding, but want to get them a bit better quality food to help them get to the breeding point and be succsessful breeders.

What do you feed them?

Thanks guys!

Doug can you tell me which type of Prestige you get? And do you use any of the same food for your yellows as you do for your Ikolas? (just because I have a colony of Burundis as well, so might be able to knock over two birds with one stone!)

Thanks!

For the yellows and my other mbuna I use the Prestige 0.8mm colour pellet, these would also be fine for small frontosa. I also use the prestige 2mm and 3mm colour pellets for larger africans, these would be fine for juvenile to mid-sized frontosa. My frontosa are around 30cm or bigger, so I use Hikari "massivore delite" for them as a daily staple diet, which is quite a large pellet, with treats 2-3 times a week of prawns/whitebait/anchovies. Prestige also make vegetable pellets, which I use mainly for bristlenose, but the mbuna also enjoy them.

Cheers, Doug

Thanks for that doug. Yeah my Fronts are 25-35cm, got them about 5months ago, but still can't get them to breed! I know a big thing is the food I have been feeding, and really need to get that to be more succesful. So Ill try to make it down to Redlands and get some Hikari from Russ, and some Prestige .8 colour pellet ( i have some prestige vege pellet for my tropheus, but the yellows wont go near it lol)

Thanks again Doug

And also doug, you find the .8 Colour pellets are fine? Ive always avoided buying food with 'Colour' labeled on it, because it stuffed up one of my colonies breeding before

I've been using the Prestige colour pellets for a long time now and am very happy with them.

Cheers, Doug

New Life Spectrum is the best quality food for all malawi cichlids. Cheers

I also using Teltra Colour and good quality flake and algee flake in they diet I have no dramas with breeding you also can give them peas and lectuces as a treats. My albino pindani breeded twice in 2 months time. All these are nature colour and enhancing. Cheers