itd be easier to take fish out but if you keep them in there they might get beurried lol.. anyway when i put some sand in my aquarium i got a funel connected to a hose and tipped it through the funnel with fish in and then puta filter near it to blow it aroun d gently...my fish were fine(plecos cods)

itd be easier to take fish out but if you keep them in there they might get beurried lol.. anyway when i put some sand in my aquarium i got a funel connected to a hose and tipped it through the funnel with fish in and then puta filter near it to blow it aroun d gently...my fish were fine(plecos cods)

Its just the hassle in getting the fish out, especially with silver dollars going crazy and hurting themselves etc. :?

Just pour the gravel in slowly from cups. Should be fine just make sure one hand is in the tank moving the fish out of the way underneath the cup. Put the cup upright into the water with the gravel when you do it, then pour the cup down so the gravel comes out just make sure you do it from say half tank or under so that you do not squash any fish and you should be fine. Long process but hey will not harm the fish. Make sure you thoroughly wash the gravel out before you do it, and also use stability after wards just as a precautionary as substrate does hold good bacteria.

Just pour the gravel in slowly from cups. Should be fine just make sure one hand is in the tank moving the fish out of the way underneath the cup. Put the cup upright into the water with the gravel when you do it, then pour the cup down so the gravel comes out just make sure you do it from say half tank or under so that you do not squash any fish and you should be fine. Long process but hey will not harm the fish. Make sure you thoroughly wash the gravel out before you do it, and also use stability after wards just as a precautionary as substrate does hold good bacteria.

That sounds like a good option. :egrin:

Yes i just,took some water out then, used old 4 litre icecream container ,and gently lower it in the silver dollars are quick and will get out of the way,then put some fresh water in ,and again make sure gravel is washed real well or you will have dirty water....

Chickadee