Sign in to follow this  
crajode4655

Electric Blue Gas Addiction

Heres a weird one.

Last night whilst sitting and watching TV my GF and I noticed our male EB 'sampling' the gas from the CO2 Diffuser...... Thinking it may have been curiousity we kept watching and sure enough he swims up into the diffuser (of which he can barely fit into) and sucks the CO2, swims out and comes back later to do the same thing.

He had depleted the diffuser of any gas by the time we go up this morning.

Anyone seen this behaviour before????? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Hahaha! Classic! Never heard of anything like it! Not that I am a planted tank enthusiast, so theres a good chance I wouldn't have anyway, but it sounds very strange! Try and get a video of him doing it!

Whar sorts of plants do you have, I have troble finding ones they wont eat or dig up.

Matt

I only use Anubia and Blue Stricta, The stricta does well without CO2 and I have around a dozen maybe more different types of Malawi in my tank and they dont dig it up. Even the pair of Kuhli Loaches dont even di it up and once you start taking cuttings and planting it about it actually looks quite good :)

I found that a little CO2 helps the Anubia grow a little better but not too much as it lowers the Alkalinity of your water.

Pretty much any store that has aquarium plants should be able to get it for you as majority deal with 'Piscies Aquarium Products' for their plant supplies. I dont really have enough to part with as I only started out with 2 cuttings and now thats become 8 individual plants. One LFS I deal with sells it for $4 for 3-4 Cuttings and it roots very quickly.

Sign in to follow this