Sign in to follow this  
bjc90

would fish survive a hr trip with no airpump in a bucket?

i can take 2 20L buckets and put half in half ? if thats better

That would be better or better still if u had 4 buckets lol it's the oxygen factor mate maybe even stop half way and cup some water into it from a height n create bubbles that way :D

I've had 30 odd tetra in half a 20lt bucket for 40mins and all was fine so you will be right, esspecially if you go half half.

I've had 30 odd tetra in half a 20lt bucket for 40mins and all was fine so you will be right, esspecially if you go half half.

But most tetras ain't 10 cm in size !!

:frog:

Just get yourself down to BCF and pick up a battery powered air pump. I paid $11 for one that runs off a "d" cell battery and comes with a length of line and an airstone.

Just get yourself down to BCF and pick up a battery powered air pump. I paid $11 for one that runs off a "d" cell battery and comes with a length of line and an airstone.

I agree i always use a battery powered air pump even for a 20m drive it just gives you peace of mind knowing the fish are getting air

I had 12 geos in half a bucket for 3 hours but they were only 6cm.... but i did have a battery powered pump :)

I've also had 3 in half a bucket and 2 in another they were about 10-14cm for 40 odd mins and they were fine also.

I had 12 geos in half a bucket for 3 hours but they were only 6cm.... but i did have a battery powered pump :)

I've also had 3 in half a bucket and 2 in another they were about 10-14cm for 40 odd mins and they were fine also.

Again your comparison does not help :boggle:

Mate do yourself (and especially the fish) a favour and spend the few bucks on a battery operated pump. You will find it very useful and will probably get a lot more use out of it than you first anticipated. I use mine for transporting live foods in a 20 L bucket (shrimp and insect larvae etc harvested from a dam). I also use it to transport fish (both buying and selling) and I reckon they are great things to have.

All the best,

Mate do yourself (and especially the fish) a favour and spend the few bucks on a battery operated pump. You will find it very useful and will probably get a lot more use out of it than you first anticipated. I use mine for transporting live foods in a 20 L bucket (shrimp and insect larvae etc harvested from a dam). I also use it to transport fish (both buying and selling) and I reckon they are great things to have.

All the best,

X2 i bought 3 of them at once as they were too cheap to pass up -expecting just to have a couple of backups... i constantly use all three!!!! :lol:

Sign in to follow this