Sign in to follow this  
028NVD

Complete noob reporting in

Hi all names sam, live in the Redlands. I have a 3'x2x2 tank with 4 small (3cm) cichlids and todAy learnt that monos don't go so well with peacocks and elec yellows :(

Hi Sam, its all a learning curve. Lucky you live near Redlands Pet Centre, they have some good cheap stuff and knowledgeable staff. Takes me an hour and a half to get there and your just around the corner - Lucky you. If you are thinking on getting more fishies just start a thread and everyone will be happy to throw in their two cents worth and this can be a big help and a little lighter on the wallet.

Enjoy............

hey mate ,

plenty of good advice to be had around here so good luck and welcome..

where did ya get ya mono's from please pm me ta :egrin:

Luke

Gday Sam,

Welcome aboard mate. You have joined a great forum with some extremly knowladgeble people in it and a wealth of experience to tap into and also a great place to buy some top shelf fish.

Hope to see you around the forum.

Cheers

Johno

well I am not the usual noob

but I still keep 2 types of mono and scats with mbuna and peacocks

:oops:

no drama yet

but ya, easy for people to have totally different experiences.

mono are super sensative to nitrite

how long has tank been set up for?

Hi all and thanx for the welcome! Deadfishfloating, I had the tank (3x2x2) running for 10 days with a capful of prime from day one, added a few small cichlids on day 10 and got the mono about 8 days after that, he seems to be pretty happy . But it's time for a good gravel vac as shits floating around and I can see it all on the bottom, lol

hmmmm..... well without ammonia and nitrite readings its hard to see how your cycle is going. Every cycle is different but mono dont usually handle the nitrite spike part very well.

That said, keep an eye on them and if you note strange behaviour especially not eating or sitting on the gravel..... get in a water change! This first month is the risky bit!

With luck your mono will be as happy as mine for a long time yet!