kozaaus

Albino Bristlenose

Hi All

A quick question about bristlenose fry.

I recently added a Bristlenose log to the community tank that houses my Albino Bristlenose. They have already produced fry. I have seperated the bristlenose log with adult male & fry in it to a container that floats on top of the water in that tank. The next day a number of the fry came out of the log & are freely moving around the container.

I will be looking to do frequent water changes in the container, using the main community tank water. Any ideas on how much & how frequently I should do this?

Will I need to add a small piece of driftwood to the container?

When do I remove the adult male?

Do I feed the fry the same algae disks that I give to the adults or is there a more appropriate food for bristlenose fry?

I am aware that they are only Albino Bristlenose, but I would like to give them the best chance of growing out. So any help would be appreciated, I am a complete novice when it comes to bristlenose breeding.

Thanks

hey well done on the spawn. ok well yeah depending on what container you are talking about. is it like a breeding net or something different and what size is it. driftwood is pretty much essential for bristlenose of all kinds as it will help line their stomachs especially when they young fry. water change about 10% every 4 days should be good as too much too often will kill them and vice versa not enough will not be good for them as they will either die or they will grow very slowly. as for food yeah just give them the same as the adults, wafers and zucchini are always one of there favorites. i hope that i made myself clear if not feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for the reply.

I have moved them out of the container they were in, a 5-6 litre plastic container that floated in the main tank, I have moved them into a bucket to allow better filtration, mid sized sponge filter. They will go into one of the tanks I'm getting in the next week or so, this way I can place a full piece of driftwood in. When should I be able to take the addult male out? There does not appear to be any of the young staying inside the bristlenose log now.

Thanks