Grumundi

Just ordered my new tank

Just order a new 8x2x28" tank today, gonna be a large tropheus breeding / display tank in the lounge, fitration is a new ehiem pro 3, so should keep it nice and clean.

Went for the pro 3 over a sump as I rent so would be easier to move and I can get the high water line im after.

Just thought I would post as im excited, will keep you posted and get some photos up as I set it up.

Ok finally got it all up and running, the substrate is Fine CC and snow white sand. Painted the back black and there is another light to go on. Sorry its abit dark in the room, (im saving power by not during on the lights, or opening the blinds lol).

DVC01455.jpg

DVC01454.jpg

DVC01453.jpg

DVC01452.jpg

Well my duboisi are going in it, but there are only 15 of them, so the more I think about it, im pretty keen to put my k2's in there aswell, That will leave my others tanks free for my chipimbi and bulu point (first mouthful on the bulu point this week, no fry yet though).

looks sweet, with the sand stone did you get it from the landscape place?

i want to get some but was unsure if it was safe to buy it from a landscape supplies place? if i do how can i make it take ready, any help would be cool

thanks

jamie

Yea i got my sandstone from a landscaping place, I just give it a good water blast (using a bucket :? ).

Although I have decided not to use it as much as I was planning, going to go mainly volcanic, half of the sandstone came out a poo-brown after washing and doesnt look that great.

Im gonna put two big volcanic rock piles at either end of the tank, and a smaller pile of the white sand stone in the centre.

Just hooked up my FBP full of purigen (did it abit differently) so will post up some photos of that when I get a chance.