Sign in to follow this  
brisil

need advice E.Blue

Hi ppls this is a first for me, and second time for my female E.Blue holding. first time she held it was only for 2 days(spat eggs).

So my question is should i move her to a tank buy herself (2ft). Or leave her in community tank (4ft). if i do move her would she spit the eggs or keep holding?

With most cichlids it takes them a few goes to get it right

So she may eat this lot as well

But U can trying moving her to a nother tank and that may help

But try not to chase her around too much or she just might spit the eggs

When U get better with them and she holds for 10 to 14 day u can strip out the eggs

They will be heads and tailes around that age and U get a lot more to live

But i wouldn't try this till U are show how U can do a lot of damage if U are not carful

Roo

Depends on how shes handling it. It's not uncommon for a young female not to carry full term with her first couple of batches, she will spit if they turn bad (not fertile). The problem with catching holding females is that can spook them causing them to spit. I usually leave the girls along unless she is being harassed too much, by either the boy or the other fish in the tank.

Matt

Thanks guys, mite just leave her in there. Tried to catch her before but with no success. like you said i didn't want to spook her to much and Ive never tumbled eggs so I'll leave her be thanks

Sign in to follow this