Sign in to follow this  
timothy

what to feed tropheus?

i am wondering if i can make my own tropheus food.

i think i read that you can like use spinach or lettuce but there is a full method you have to go throw.

i have the following food avalible to feed to them and please help with the doos and don;ts.

- large brines

- baby brines

- spirilina flake

- spirilina pellets

- new life spectrium cichlid foruma

- blood worms

- cichlid dinner.

all help is very much appreciated

Hi Timothy,

i think you are supposed to boil spinach first.

Sera Flora is a good Flake food, i've also used OSI Spirulina Flake and HBH Veggie Flake and OSI Spirulina Wafer, HBH Veggie Wafer.

Lebanese Cucumber, Zucchini, Peas and Lettuce.

I'd stay away from high protein foods, worms and shrimp etc, that's my opinion.

They like to munch on some live vegetation to ;) i used to put duckweed, elodea and horn-wart in for my T's. They'll probably eat most plants excluding java fern and anubias but they'll probably still have a bite out of those :happy:

Check out www.tropheusfanatics.com for tips.

Stace.

Just feed them NLS (I use the Thera A one), soak it and feed it as a staple

Or there's Sera Flora which is really good too

And occasionally I use "Sera Spirulina Tablets" they stick to the glass and the Tropheus graze on that

Hey mate,

Yeah Tropheus food is very important. I fed them some stuff and lost 16. It was very high in protein and was sold to me by a LFS saying it would be fine, because they feed theres that. But yes, over 3weeks I lost 16.

I have restocked, and picked up 1kg of Prestiege Vege Pellets from Redlands for $20 (bargin!) and a little tub of NLS THera A, to feed once every week to build up their immune system.

But they are going great, growing, and pratice breeding already. Very happy with it, and soooo cheap!

Chris

yeah, i will stick to my low protein foods. got tonnes of algea and will give them boiled spinach, Lebanese Cucumber, Zucchini, Peas and Lettuce. and some spirilina flake and brines shrimp every now and then

does anybody know what is in cichlid dinner and if you can feed it to tropheus?

i went to have a look at the packet of cichlid dinner in my freezer and all it says is "fortified with minerals and fatty acids".

HBH also make some spirilina food called "super soft" its meant to be a frozen food alternative,

i feed this to my severums and catties and they absolutely love it.

Cav

- large brines NO!

- baby brines NO!

- spirilina flake YES

- spirilina pellets YES

- new life spectrium cichlid foruma YES

- blood worms DEFINATELY NO!

- cichlid dinner. NO!

Grum.

Sign in to follow this