Sign in to follow this  
BettaSphynx

RNA SHOW Pisciculture Results

A hearty thanks and congrats to all who entered tanks this year - the following is a list of Champions.

Detailed list of winners to follow.

Results of the Aquarium competition held at the RNA (EKKA). Judged August 4th. All tanks are available for viewing in the Feline, Fish and Puppy Pavilion

Come and vote for your favourite fish!

Champion Australasian Freshwater Fish

Champion Egglayer

Champion Fish of Show

Werneri - P. Ford

Champion Community Tank

PNG - N. Stanton & M. Ryan

Champion Goldfish

Common - G.N. Ludlow

Best Livebearer of Show

Platies - I. Gadischke

Champion Exotic Tropical

Hillstream Loach - J. Matheson

Champion Cichlid

Vieja fenestrata - W. Smith

Champion Marine Fish

Babour's Sea Horse - H. Joy

Champion Marine Exhibit

Marine Community - H. Joy

Best Planted Exhibit

Aquascape - J. Matheson

Champion Discus

Red Melon - J. Murray

Best Exhibit of Show (Judges Choice)

Red Devil - Hayden Joy

Congrats Jodi-Lea - well done on your wins. Again.

Mr Ford doen well again, too.

I'm taking the wee ones to Ekka, so have bugger all chance of getting past side show alley to view - am thinking i will have an attack of pregnancy vapours and sneak off to have a peek, leaving dear partner to deal with flairy floss-itis...

Congrats Jodie, your tanks looked amazing, but I have to say if I didnt have to pull my loaches out they would have given your hillstreams a run for their money. Lol, just kidding they looked awesome.

I was suprised my catfish won his class though, but I was even more shocked when I got 4th in the community, my bloody fish are pulling their plants out now.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, and in fact to all the competitors.

It is another great show and the fish display is awesome.

Leeann and Pauls Gold Spot Pleco that won Catfish is fanastic, Jodi's Planted and Aquascaped tanks are really great as is usual for her. And the Design and Technique Class is a real crowd pleaser.

Peter Ford's Iriatherina Werneri that won Champion Fish of Show really deserved the win as they were sparring and spawning right in front of the judges on judging night. Just don't let the photo of Peter Ford in todays Sunday mail put you off. he really is a nice guy not as scary as the photo makes him look. :lafhard: :lafhard: The photo of the fish in the paper is about actual size.

The biggest surprise was the Best Display of Show being won by a tank with a Large Red Devil and plastic plants that actually came 4th in it's class. There are quite a few really good tanks to choose from; either of Jodi's Planted or Aquascaped tanks, Neil Stanton's Australian Community tank, which won Champion Community of Show, or Peter's Werneri tank just to name a few. The fact that the judges chose the red devil is a testament to the effort put in by all competitors this year.

Photo's just do not do justice to the display - everyone should go in and have a look.

Graeme

The melon discus and and the fenestrata were absolutely amazing. The yellow lab looked like it was either a hybrid or so juiced up on hormones it is a orange colour.

Last year it was a marbled fenestratus that won champion cichlid, unfortunately he died earlier this year. But I have to say the marbled that won this year certainly deserved it, hes a really nice fish.

Sign in to follow this