Sign in to follow this  
Merkinater

Resun Lp Air Pump Recomendations :)

Hey all,

I Finally finished off plumbing up my whole shed to my LP40 2day, Thanks to Pete n Chris who helped :)

I'd been running half my shed on the LP40 already n the other half on 5x 200L/hr jobbies. In the interest of savin power I decided to plumb the lot as one ;) I got my hands on a LP100 :egrin: should do the job nicely. I bought 19mm black garden sprinkler hose from bunnings n the nessecary fittings. I'd been givin the advice to "Loop" my system for Maximum Air Pressure :) After watching Chris do his shed it was even easier than I thought. I sent out over a couple of weekends setting everything up so that the change over downtime was minimal ;) I have had the pleasure of meetin a few more ppl off this forum over the last few weeks n realised my LP100 was MAJOR overkill for my shed :roll: so I decided I would test my system with my LP40 first ;) Once everything was set to go Chris, Pete n Myself set out plumbing up 24x Large Sponge filters, 14x Airstones, 2x 2ft Airstones n 1x 32" Airstone. After double checking everything was connected we turned on the LP40 n started adjusting the taps on each airline. It took bout 30min for the system to fully pressurize n us to tweeck all the filters n airstones so everything was running good :egrin: My fears were true that the LP100 was overkill n my LP40 runs everything perfect ;) Luckily Chris was in the market for a LP100 n every1 turned out a Winner :egrin:

My Shed-A-Quarium is so much quieter now aswell n more energy efficient ;) I should have done this ages ago :oops:

I thought I would share my experience so other ppl can save some $$$ too

Tim

I dont know how many tanks your running but if you have a central air pump I would get some spare diaphrams now and have a spare pump always ready to go (or have a spare pump especially for emergencies between friends - only make sure it really is spare!). I actually use 2 airpumps on the same loop. When one pump goes down, the drop in air volume is noticable but all tanks will still get air until I change the faulty pump out.

Sign in to follow this