Sign in to follow this  
GOfish

Bristlenose fry feeding!

heyy guys have recently built a breeding setup and just had 2 spawns of bristlenose and am currently only giving them zuchini and some spirulena pellets. so if you could point me in the direction on a successful food you have used before that would be great!!!

Anything you normally feed bns really, thereis a thread around here somewhere with a list of foods ppl feed their bns.

the only one i can really suggest is algae,

if you have a small tank put it out into the sun or somewhere that gets a decent amount of sunlight and allow the algae to build up in the tank.

when its fully "algaed" up you can put ur youngins in it. Use water from the tank that they where bred in to fill it and dont forget to use seeded filters.

I've used this to grow out com BN's and it worked a treat, and i plan to use this method when my royal whips breed again.

hope this helps

Cav

the only one i can really suggest is algae,

if you have a small tank put it out into the sun or somewhere that gets a decent amount of sunlight and allow the algae to build up in the tank.

when its fully "algaed" up you can put ur youngins in it. Use water from the tank that they where bred in to fill it and dont forget to use seeded filters.

I've used this to grow out com BN's and it worked a treat, and i plan to use this method when my royal whips breed again.

hope this helps

Cav

Suggest you rotate hardwood sticks to grow algae instead of moving tanks. Easily moved/managed and you can have a constant algae supply if you rotate them.

Suggest you rotate hardwood sticks to grow algae instead of moving tanks. Easily moved/managed and you can have a constant algae supply if you rotate them.

Cheers for that aquaholic, i'll give that a go and see how i go

Forgot to mention that I drill a hole at one end of each stick and make some wire hooks out of coat-hanger wire so I can hang the sticks in tanks. I "grow" my algae sticks in 2L plastic soft drink bottles with top cut open and a small pinch of liquid fertiliser to get the water super green. Approx 4 sticks per bottle and 10 bottles (numbered) are enough to get daily food for quite a few fish. I start off a new bottle/culture each day. Hardwood is best as suckermouth cats benefit from some lignin as well as algae.

I use halved clay pots from bunnings in a 50L clear plastic container from a cheap store. I fill it up wit water from my waterchanges (top up each waterchange) n leave in the sun. I use 12 halves (6 pots at like $2ea) n rotate so u never run out ;) takes bout 3 weeks to get fully runnin GREEN Style :urgh: then ur set to start rotatin. I use this method as it is easier/neater using one container instead of heaps :egrin:

Only draw back is the winter sun doesn't work aswell as summer sun

Good Luck with ur breedin ;)

Tim

Sign in to follow this