hi all

I recently brought a few b/n's 8+cm..

they where transported in there logs and it seems there was allot of damage done (4+hrs drive)

one of the females now has a some fungus on its head.

It started out as just a white coloring on the top of head but now has progressed to fungus.

I have started treatment with melafix (2 days in) will this be enough ??

looking for any advice as i have never delt with this before ..

Regards Luke

A lot of diseases can occur after transport.

Melafix should do the job, but you can also use Salt, Acriflavine, Methylene Blue or Malachite green, or a combination of Acri = Meth Blue + Malachite.

If treating BN's with Malachite or salt use half dose.

Is there actually stringy fungus tufts/cotton wool on the BN or is it just white/red patches?

If it's discoloured patches and not cotton wool like fungus then it's most likely a Bacterial infection. Or Bacterial and Fungal infection.

A lot of diseases can occur after transport.

Melafix should do the job, but you can also use Salt, Acriflavine, Methylene Blue or Malachite green, or a combination of Acri = Meth Blue + Malachite.

If treating BN's with Malachite or salt use half dose.

Is there actually stringy fungus tufts/cotton wool on the BN or is it just white/red patches?

If it's discoloured patches and not cotton wool like fungus then it's most likely a Bacterial infection. Or Bacterial and Fungal infection.

it was a cotton like fungus but since treatment it has now "fallen" off.

It has left a scabby like "sore" on its head but it seems to be healing up from the look of it.

Q. how long am i able to treat with melafix ??, i have started a 7 day dose (5 days in)..if i need to continue is it wise to give a few days break ?

or can i do a %30 wc and then continue treating ??

ta Luke