clayton31

WAT THE FING HELL IS GOING ON

today done my usaul weekly water change 50lrts for a 5x2x2 (display tank) and 4ft 20lrts

WITHIN 5 MINS EVERY SINGLE FISH DEAD

HAD COLONY F1 BLUE DOLPHINS

SILVER $$$ HUGE

30CM SILVER SHARK

BREAM FRESH WATER

TRAVELY FRESH WATER

FRONNIES

ALBINO PLECO

COMMON PLECO

THATS JUST THE 5FT TANK

TANK HAS BEEN UP AND GOING FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS MOVED IT A FEW TIMES BUT ALLWAYS USED THE SAME WATER

Sorry about ur losses clayton, it seems everyone is having the same problem, I have been losing fish for no apparant reason for the last month, I have been blaming myself for it and it gets to the stage where you dont even want to carry on with it cos its too devastating, I get up in the mornings and im even too scared to go and check cos I dont know what Im going to find dead.

Get a sample of your tap water and take it for testing, it 'might' be a fluoride blowout, what they call 'fluoride' is actually sodium flurosilicate which is being sourced from a Chinese chemical factory. Sodium flurosilicate is HIGHLY toxic and the MSDS says not to put in waterways.

Given the recent stuff up at Brisbane's water treatment plant where the 'fluoride' content went up to 40 ppm it's a distinct possibility.

It might also have been a chlorine blowout.

http://evertophealth.co.uk/the-water-re ... fo_22.html

Chlorine in drinking water has been linked to increased incidence of bladder and rectal cancers by Harvard University and the Medical College of Wisconsin. Chlorine is also linked to body protein damage and thyroid dysfunction. It causes dry skin and hair by stripping away protective oils, burns the eyes and vaporizes affecting the lungs. If you suffer from asthma, sinus problems, allergies, skin rashes or emphysema, chlorine in your water may well exacerbate your condition. All your aquarium fish will die within a matter of minutes if you add tap water to your fish tank without also including a de-chlorinator to remove the chlorine. Surely that tells us something about the danger of drinking chlorine?

Imagine what it's doing to US? ;)

But yeah i'd be getting the water tested for both of things ASAP and if that's the cause then make a BIG noise about it (A Current Affair, local newspapers etc) then send a bill to the local council for the cost of your fish and cleaning out your tank.

(If you used rainwater then ignore the above. ;) )

Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

SOunds like posioning to me, i.e anyone spraying chemicals, like neighbours or family? Also if you got little ones like me turn your back for 5 sec's and anything can end up in your tank/sump!

Last week was cleaning my sump turned around and the 2 year old was just about to pour my beer in :worry:

SE QLD Residents BE WARNED DO NOT DO a WATER CHANGE THIS WEEKEND!!! Heaps

of horror stories coming thru guys apparantly the council has Dropped the ball BIG TIME with our water Quality... "Tested my tap water?

.5-1ppm nitrites, .5ppm ammonia, 60-80ppm nitrates. I'm replacing poison with poison." -Straight outta the tap!... Disgusting...

Saw this on someones profile....

I did a waterchange last night and everything was fine-ish, fish were breathing heavily and still are though, no deaths yet.

Seph

strange all the hype goin on, i am unsure about it all actually, i did another change today on a change yesterday juss for the hell of it, and nothing to read about, will keep an eye out but find this all very amusing thus far, seems so diff from suburb to suburb right now! would be curious to see tank\s differences etc filtration and the likes

very interesting, but i wouldnt get caught up in the OMG killer water thing juss yet

My automatic water change system has been running for 6 days straight and no problem at all.

Fish breeding everywhere,even got BN eggs laid on the glass behind a sponge filter.

No dechlorinator or chemicals of any description added to the water.

im with u Aussie, man its weird how diff it is n how many peeps are having issues, i never used neutraliser with my larger systems, juss drip fed in n top ups, never n issue, i dont have any now n the 6fter i have filled in the last 2 days straight tap water, nothing added, except my love, so i am wondering wats doing :whoa: