Sign in to follow this  
Glennie

Brisbane (Beenleigh) Tap Water Parameters?

Just a quick question guys.

I have previously used the following products in water changes in my tank - Aristopet Aquamaster Water Ager (Chlorine Neutraliser) & Seachem Neutral Buffer 7.0 - Based on some info I've found in discussions it seems that the general opinion is that Ph Buffers are not really necessary unless you're specifically aiming for a very high of very high low Ph (as fish will adapt to the water).

So am I correct in thinking that I could forget about the NeutralBuffer 7.0 because generally most water would be around the neutral range anyway?

Water changes are done with 50% tap water (using the Water Ager to de-chlorinate) and 50% tank water.

Thanx for any help guys

Well Ph seems to register at around 7.2-7.4 but even after I put in the Seachem Neautral it still seems to register as about the same.

Nitrates & Nitrites are 0... that's why I was asking if anyone would have an idea of tap water in this area.

Basically I was wondering (based on some one off comments I've seen here) whether Neutral Buffer is really required :notsure:

Sign in to follow this