Sign in to follow this  
BEA_V1S

Red Devil Fry Advce

My red devils just had a batch of fry and i was wondering what to do with them..

they are free swimming. should i leave them with parents or take them out???

Hey Mate, Just keep an eye on things. They could be good parents, just watch and see how thing are. If everything looks normal maybe let nature play its course. If you have some where to grow the fry out, just make sure the tank your putting them in is the same water as there in now. Syphon them out with an air pump hose will work. But it probably best just to leave things as they are, maybe just take out DAD. Hope this helps. Cheers Steve

Just like severumsteve says. They should be good with the parents for a week or two before you start seeing a few disappear. Both parents should look after them and mum might eat a couple of the weak ones. Its natural. Keep the food up as the babies will feed and learn off the parents. If you take them out too early dad may get cranky and start beating up mum for losing the babies. If all goes well u should be able to catch them out when their about 5mm or so. And more than likely the parents will start all over again. My pair breed every 3 weeks if I let them.

Sign in to follow this