Sign in to follow this  
nativecollector

How long do B/N eggs last after being kicked? Tumblers?

I have tried and had alot of sucsess with using a net and a couple of straws to make a frame and then placing net in near the flow of a internal filter as the filter keeps the eggs rolling around. But I have also used a fry/hatching net and this works with the net sitting above a air stone. Had good succes rates. But make sure you discard any eggs that turn white as this is a fungas and it will spread if not removed.

Good luck and keep us posted

Cheers

johno

an egg tumbler is really easy to construct out of old up lift tubes from an under gravel filter. Only ever had to use it once as my male doesnt kick eggs very often. But i had a quicker hatch time using the tumbler then the actual male had.

I used an old gravel siphon, a few have hatched, some still to come (out of about 15 eggs). I made another one and took the rest of the eggs off the orange spot because he kept kicking a few every now and then, but they all have fungus on them. Might seem like a stupid question, but they won't hatch now will they?

No the ones with the fungus will not hatch... eggs that turn white are usually unfertelised eggs any way.

Its best to remove the white eggs when you find them as some people will tell you that the whiteness or fungus as people call it will spread to the other eggs.

Although i have never experienced this happen myself.

Sign in to follow this