Sign in to follow this  
chels1289

SUNSHINE COASTERS PLEASE READ!

Hi Guys,

I dunno how well this is going to work.. But I think it would be great to have a little database of the people who live here on the Sunshine Coast... Or even people that come here a lot.

Would be handy for us in emergencys, selling and buying etc or just if someone needs a hand.

If you wanna be part of it just post here and say hi.

Then in your "posted forums" section we can keep up to date with each other when we need help etc.

Anyway, we will see how it goes :)

Chels.

Yeah it's hard to find each other, hey! :)

At the moment I've got Electric Blue Jack Dempseys. I've only had them for about a month.

Before them I had African Cichlids for a few years.

What about yourself?

Ive had a bit of changing around of late, selling one of my tanks and some fish and now im looking for a another second tank,

Im into South american cichlids and Australian natives, Catfish- australian, asian not really into Bristlenose or the little catfish.

I have my regulars (*the fish I will never get rid of) 3 Oscars Long Fin Eel and my Polleni

But always looking to add to the collection, haha

Love the Elect Blue JD's simply stunning :)

Hey, another sunny coaster here haha.

Currently cut down to two tanks from like 9 ;)

1 x 4x2x2 tank with a 35cm+ male oscar.

1 x 5x2.5x1.5 marine reef tank.

Other than that, i have a small pond with the "reject fish" that noone bought when i shut down my tanks, including guppies, rainbows, BN, goldfish, 1 blue dwarf gourami, 1 dwarf bolivian ram, etc.

I didnt think they would make it but i didnt want them to be oscar food either, and theyve all "acclimatised?" and live happily in there haha.

Non fish pets include;

2 Guineapigs "piggy" (short haired) & "diesel" (long haired)

1 Cat "spider" (Short for spider-girl)

1 Toy or Miniature poodle called "Sugar"

1 Maltese X Shitzu called "Candy"

I have a part time job at IGA, am in year 11 at school, not much else to say haha.

Nick

Hey guys,

I live in Noosa, got a 5 x 2 x 2.5 all male malawi display... and a 4 x 18 x 18 grow out tank, and a 4 x 1 x 1 (empty) hospital tank...... both for the display.

And a pond setup which is about 2 x 2 x 0.3 metres overflowing in to a about 4 x 1 x 0.3 with some gold fish, mollies, rainbows etc.

heyy everyone'

i perosnally think this is a great idea!

i keep everything from p bass to kribensis,

currently putting finishing touches on a 3 teir breeding system that holdes 12x45cm cubes,

so should have some cheap fishies soon!

Hi guys,

we live in Sippy Downs, 15 min from Maroochydore.

Where ( which shops ) do you get your fishies from ?

Our tanks:

1 3ft holds 150+ l with 5 goldfish

1 AquaOne 380 with 1 Betta Splendens, 10 Neon Tetras, 2 C.Sterbai and 2 BN

1 AquaOne620T at the moment with 5 Platies... will stock up with Guppies and Mollies and the 2 C.Sterbai and one BN from the 380 will be moved into the big one... will be fun catching them...

Hi fellow Sunny Coasters,

Nige here, from Caloundra (Currimundi), but I am off the NT working at the moment.

I sold my 6ft tank a few months ago, so now just have one aquarium. My only tank is 8x2x2 and is currently empty, in process of doing a major reworking of everything. I can't wait to get home and get stuck into it. Only nine days to go :) I am getting back into native fish, after a few different setups with American cichlids.

When my 8ft is finished, I'm planning on keeping a Neosilurus hyrtlii and a group of Amniataba percoides in a biotope arrangement (though not specific, more general to many rocky waterholes of Northern Australia). However, the research continues, and maybe I will be able to nominate a particular waterway for my creation :lol:

Nice idea Chels. Look forward to eventually catching up with a few fellow hobbyists on the coast.

Cheers :)

Thanks guys! This is great! :)

It's so good to know who is doing what and where they are.

Guess I should talk about myself a little now...

Im almost 21.. a Graphic Designer full time.. and live in Buderim/Maroochydore area.

I have 5 small ebjds but will have to sell some of them once they are a bit bigger.

Used to have africans butsold them to get the jds.

One day I will have heaps of big tanks like all you guys... But for now- no room and not enough $$$,

Haha ;)

Cheers everyone :)

hi guys,

charlie from nambour

my tanks : 6x2x2 African display (thats all brown from 2 huge pieces of driftwood :( they look gud but :egrin: )

4x18x18 American display (just set up got a few fish in it but want some more that will go with the 2 Oscars that are in there)

2.5x1x1 albino bn colony (will be moving to bigger tank soon after i build the stand)

not set up yet : 4x 2x15x18 bn breeding setup

6x15x15 F1 frontosa colony (when i get my fx5 for my 6x2x2)

2x1x1.5 turtle tank

and thats it....................................for now :twisted:

Um well im mainly focused on my marine tank as my 4x2x2 only has 1 large oscar in it, so the fish shops i mainly use are;

Blue Zoo Aquatics in Nth Buderim:

A little bit pricey sometimes, but sometimes a few bargains are found.

Really nice family (?) run it and are really helpful, always up for a chat, and order stuff in for me.

GREAT quarintine setup and great livestock. Store bred discus etc.

HIGHLY reccomend.

Pet Empire in Nambour:

A bit pricey, not too bad, small selection but nice quality.

Mix of tropicals and marine as well as puppies and products.

Clean tanks.

Mad about pets in Nambour:

Have a bad reputation and the tanks got really bad at one stage, however new owners took over and they were really honest with me.

They dont know much about marines but are making an effort and trying to learn :)

Re-doing their tank setups and will mostly have marine fish not corals, but a GREAT freshwater selection too!

HUGE plecos etc. Good store.

Nick :)

Hello again,

I thought I had already done this , Graham is my name , I have been a manufacturer of Aquarium products for 30 years, I also breed livebearers in my aviary, yes that's right my aviary. Or should I say I breed birds in my small intensive fish farm. That's how it started out anyway.

Graham

Hello Nick

I am in the process of commissioning a website, I have over the years supplied few shops directly ( mainly through wholesalers in their name), you can however obtain my stuff from Pets and Ponds at Forest Glen.

I produce Supa Chlor, Start Right, Cation and anion exchange resins ( like the big name American products) will be out in about a fortnight. Fish pellets in 5 grades, ph test kits, and a whole range of bird and small animal foods.

My de-chlorinating products will treat as much water as the best imported ones at a much cheaper price, with the advantage of being able to also remove hydrated lime ( the biggest disease causer in town water to fish) aluminum, copper, iron, zinc, fluoride, and ammonia.

The new resins will also take out these harmful calites and also remove Quartery Ammonia, specifically nitrates ,which will reduce the need to water change. Again the advantage over the imports is that they can be recharged with a 6% salt solution, as opposed to using bleach.

Graham

Sign in to follow this