bill5957

very causious about my future setup (3tier 6foot)

yeah im a little worried about future plans for a 3tier 6 foot all by 15inch wide. buying 6 foot and 2 3fters but thinking about putting another 3fter and a sump so pretty much 2x 6x15x18 then a 3x15x15 and a large 2or3ft sump. what i want to know is whats the best way to hold them top bottom middle and if i buy a metal rack from odins fish will it hold(i am thinking of grinding it up a bit and welding bits back together, its the 2 foot tank holder thats 7ft by 5ft by 15inch). any help much appreciated

Very Cautious About My Future Setup (3tier 6foot)

Yeah, I'm a little worried about future plans for a 3tier 6 foot all by 15inch wide. Buying 6 foot and 2 3fters but thinking about putting another 3fter and a sump so pretty much 2x 6x15x18 then a 3x15x15 and a large 2or3ft sump. What I want to know is what's the best way to hold them top bottom middle and if I buy a metal rack from Odin's fish will it hold (I am thinking of grinding it up a bit and welding bits back together, it's the 2 foot tank holder that's 7ft by 5ft by 15inch). Any help would much appreciated.

It'll depend how strong the welds are and the gauge of the steel that you're using. Don't forget that 2ft tanks are a lot lighter when compared to the thicker glass used for the larger tanks. Also, make sure that the bottom tanks have enough clearance from the floor, otherwise it will be a pain to drain when you're doing waterchanges.

would need to remove the tacks on the middle vertical rise and re-tack somewhere but i'm not great with welding and this is my first project ive actually needed to do something extra to it. i should be right to borrow my neighbour who is a machanic should help me out. where would i rejoin tho..??

if you're thinking about cutting and welding up a premade stand, wouldn't you be better off skipping that, and go get yourself some 50x50 2mm box and just weld that up to suit the desired plan you wish.it

It would prolly end up cheaper in the end then having something fail/moding an existing stand not designed for what you wanna use it for

ie thought about making my own but im really not sure that i will find a flat surface and be able to make one myself that wont fall apart, with this i know its quality and it is the size i want and pretty good price, im also from downsouth and there is nothing around including ilost my licence the other week and im going to pick up other thing at the same time.