bidkev

Warning - Don't Take Things For Granted

Moving a 12cm marbled fenestratus from one tank to another, I had him in a 20litre bucket in 10cms of water and was slowly introducing the new water to him, a cup at a time, over a period of time. After the first cup, I left the fish room for a while and returned to find him missing..........looked under the tank and there he was, right at the back. :oops: This bucket is 40cms high with only 10cms of water in it! :oops: He'd jumped at least 30cms (3 times his body length) without a "run up"! He seems to be doing OK although I'll add some fungus cure to the tank as i don't know how much slime he lost on the floor............he did a good job of dusting under the tank though :lol:

kev

when I had my big 55cm toga, I was cleaning his tank and had dropped the water level to a bit under halfay, the lids were off and I bent down to grab something at the bottom of the stand, it startled him and he took flight, the next thing i know I am looking up as he is flying through the air above me my heart dropped and so did he ith a massive thump like dropping a massive meat-tray on the lino. After almost having a heart attack and getting him back into the tank I realised he had shot almost 3m from the tank, needless to say lids were closely watched during cleaning time there after.