Gday Jeremy,

Mate Iam inclined to agree with Tim on this one as I have seen these beauties go for alot less and it is always a great idea to look around before buying. But these are magic looking fish and would be a awsome fish to breed/ keep. Have you looked at the L777 Golden nugget plec? these are around the same price if nota little more expensive but well worth the dosh :)

Cheers

Johno

Key points in this thread for me are.

I have 2 L046s that I can get, a breeding pair.

But they are very expensive for just 2.

I do want L046s a lot, BUT I want to breed them. SO... I was wondering if it was a good idea to pick these two up....Or just let it slide for now?

The offer they gave me was $6,000.

The amount of money doesn't phase me.

But it's a lot over the prices I have seen while searching the net.

They are a sexed male and female. But are not breeding age for 6months.

So $6000 for two sub-adult, possible pair, but not breeding age just yet. There's no guarantee that they will be of breedable size/age in 6 months, or that you will have success in breeding them.

I guess the big question is, how many other L number species have you successfully bred? These are not fish you just buy and breed off the bat. Like most types of fish, there is a "natural" progression most hobbyists follow when breeding L numbers. It starts with bn's, and works up the list, with Zebras being one of the "holy grails".

Key points in this thread for me are.
I have 2 L046s that I can get, a breeding pair.

But they are very expensive for just 2.

I do want L046s a lot, BUT I want to breed them. SO... I was wondering if it was a good idea to pick these two up....Or just let it slide for now?

The offer they gave me was $6,000.

The amount of money doesn't phase me.

But it's a lot over the prices I have seen while searching the net.

They are a sexed male and female. But are not breeding age for 6months.

So $6000 for two sub-adult, possible pair, but not breeding age just yet. There's no guarantee that they will be of breedable size/age in 6 months, or that you will have success in breeding them.

I guess the big question is, how many other L number species have you successfully bred? These are not fish you just buy and breed off the bat. Like most types of fish, there is a "natural" progression most hobbyists follow when breeding L numbers. It starts with bn's, and works up the list, with Zebras being one of the "holy grails".[/quote:1stzitc0]

i agrey with briz to be honist thair easy to kill for a novice

ive been playing with fish for 10 yrs L,s for 5 and im not ready to tacle l046

maby another 2 yrs for me

but if your that keen look for sonsor Mike.w

Contact our sponsor MikeW, he has pairs for sale for $4000...

Even with shipping around $100 its still a sight load cheaper.

And Mike is fantastic to deal with.

Agreed get his price and shop around....be careful whom ya deal with matey...

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words. It's very humbling.

I do have male/female pairs for sale and I have had them for a while. They are conditioned well enough for me to tell the males from the females.

Here is an example of them when I first got them:

Trio.jpg

I'm happy to freight them for free with live arrival guarantees (picture of DOA fish is required.) I've never had any DOA zebs to this date though.

Price is $4k for a pair and better rates if you take more than one pair.

Best regards,

gee john there is a spell check now lol , $4000-$6000 is the right price for a pair of these i only would pay 6000 for a proven breeding pair :) the other guys are right to u need a few swimming lessons before u go jumping in the deep end i, i have breed thousands of peps , longfins , albinos and commons over the last 12 years but still only have 002 & 333 & i have had everything from arrows to xenos (salt and fresh) :)

I guess the big question is, how many other L number species have you successfully bred? These are not fish you just buy and breed off the bat. Like most types of fish, there is a "natural" progression most hobbyists follow when breeding L numbers. It starts with bn's, and works up the list, with Zebras being one of the "holy grails".[/quote:1stzitc0]

i agrey with briz to be honist thair easy to kill for a novice

ive been playing with fish for 10 yrs L,s for 5 and im not ready to tacle l046

maby another 2 yrs for me

but if your that keen look for sonsor Mike.w

I have spoken to a lot of people about this, my LFS holds every breeding pair of anything till I give them the yes or no if I want it.

If my LFS is happy to sell me breeding pairs of things I guess I gotta be doing something good.

I am hopefully picking up some L037s soon.

Yeah mate i wouldnt trust your lfs as i dont think they would be selling you their breeding pairs. even more so if they are zebra plecs. I would be careful you dont get ripped off because at the end of the day the lfs is there to make money. Just wondering what lfs even sells breeding pairs of L #s :P