kwaka_80

Hey Guys Quick help needed... Bristlenose agression

Hey Guys I just got a new male BN catfish today. I put him in the tank with my oscar and other "Larger" BN. I Had noticed a slight agression towards the newcommer, I highly expected this but after watching this

*dial up beware* I have removed the newcommer. Im unsure about the sex of the other BN it has bristles but they arent branching or anything. Is this any type of breeding behaviour?(im at work atm I can get photos first thing tomorrow) Should these 2 be sepperated or will they work it out? I dont mind having territories (as its a predetor tank) but I just dont want any of my Bristlenoses killed.

Cheers Matt

Hi... I've had male bn biff on a lot more than that vid and never had a casualty from it... they're pretty armoured little dudes and boys seem to have a lot of territory disputes like that vid over the teracotta pot or anything similar... as long as the tanks big enough I don't see a problem putting them together

Thanks for the reply. I ended up taking him out anyway and moved him to a safer tank. What do you reckon about this BN male or female?. The smaller one has slight branching to his bristles but the bigger one doesn't but here are some pics you be the judge...

SDC10837.jpg

SDC10833.jpg

Cheers Matt