Sign in to follow this  
Volkslid

Peacock Bass FRY

Once again my p/bass layed a batch of eggs, but this time I was prepared & had a plan set out.Split some of the eggs into a tumbler & put in a 2 footer that I had prepared & left the bulk in the big tank with the parents, all was going well until about the fourth day when after even treating with meth blue appeared to loose the lot to bacteria.I tried to pick out the affected eggs in the tumbler but with big hands & little eggs all ended in tears.The main batch of eggs in the main tank all started to disappear & fungus set in there aswell.Hit the main tank with another dose of meth blue & was going to clean them out on the weekend.

Came home sunday morn from being down the coast o/night to look in the bottom of the 2 footer to see something wriggling around, first there was one then another, at last count last night there were about 20 free swimming.

fingers crossed :egrin::egrin::egrin:

haha my first thought when I saw the header was "SPAM"

well done, hope you get to raise them big and healthy!

what are you planning on feeding the fry?

volks next time put some glass or cherries shrimp in with the eggs

not a lot just 3-5 and theyll help keep eggs clean and eat the bad ones

peter

congrats now to feed the buggers lol

Smiley, thanks for that tip,will try it next time as have found it takes a long time for these eggs to hatch & keeping the fungus of them is one of the problems.

Have got them to this stage before but have died of in the first couple of days so hopefully the brine shrimp will help.

cheers,

Sign in to follow this