dorris095

which canister filter for tight area?

I am chaising a canister filter to suit my 152cm long x 39cm wide x 50cm high tank , I think its about 300litres?

I currently have two small internal filters running but I want a canister filter. The wife demands it must fit inside the cabinet so I measured up and the cupboards as per attached pic.

From the yellow markers in the pic you can see the internal space of the cupboard is taller than the door opening due to the top bulkhead so I could tilt a filter in I suppose as long as I have long enough hoses. The cupboard is 36cm deep

I am not fussy on brands and a chinese filter will do fine as long as it fits. Any suggestions? A short wide filter would be ideal but they all seem to be tall and narrow :(

Yep your tank full capacity is 296.4L but barely anyone filled all the way to the top and remember that you haven't minus out gravel, rocks or coral so it's normally 5-10% pending what you are going to put into the tank. If the filter is too tall for your cabinet you can cut out a small area of the cabinet base so you can insert the filter inside let it set on the floor (ground is fine) Hopes that help. Cheers