tim

Sailfin damage

Hi all, Wondering if anyone can advise on a problem with my sailfin. He's about 7 or so centimeters and has a few dramas with his fins. I'm mainly concerned with "splits" in both front fins but they also have a few pin holes in them also. His tail is looking a little ratty as well. I have not seen any of the other fish attack him in any way so whats going on with him? All other fish fins are perfect so whats his problem?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Is he all nice and healthy? Eating well? What's his body condition like? Any fungus, rot or red streaks? What decorations and stuff do you have in the tank, could he be trying to hide in something too small. Yes yes a lot of questions, sorry. Here's another.... what's you water conditions like?

Any chance of a pic?

Jenny

What else is in the tank with him? Maybe they are getting to him when you don't see them. He looks a little stressed by the color. I am not expert, just making guesses based on my gibby. I had my guy with some cichlids and while I never saw them go near them they tore his fins up.

he's in a tank with 4 Blue Dolphins, 4 Electric Yellows, 4 White Tail Acei, 2 Hongi, 3 Albino Pindani, 1 Maingano, 1 Mono Sebae, 1 Duboisi and a bristlenose that i put in last night. He's been lookin this way for a few weeks now i reckon. Whats the go? Should i maybe get a seperate smaller tank that i can put him into to recover or something?