denelzen93

peppermint bristlenose catfish

If a were to buy say 6 or so 5cm peppermint bristlenose catfish and grow them up what are the chances of them breeding ?

easy as, buy a few, let em grow add a cave some drift some good quality food n they will at least have a go, all fish have a chance of breeding if given optimal conditions ma little chappy

:mrgreen:

I am a real stickler for blood lines as that's is how you get quality and it is always best before you buy any fry is to check out the colouring and conditions of the parents as this is where you get to see them in full colouration/ condition.

No matter what you want to breed it is always the most rewarding when you breed from fry you have grown up yourself.

Cheers

Johno

I am a real stickler for blood lines as that's is how you get quality and it is always best before you buy any fry is to check out the colouring and conditions of the parents as this is where you get to see them in full colouration/ condition.

No matter what you want to breed it is always the most rewarding when you breed from fry you have grown up yourself.

Cheers

Johno

I totally agree with Johno, I had my first 100% successful hatch of over 40 pep fry last month (I've been trying for a good 12months ;)) n now they are goin strong. My colony of 16 (9 females, 7males) has 6 different bloodlines in it, u have to shop around for quality when buyin the fry, n quality feed aswell. I feed mine a mixture of Hikari algae wafers, peas, n once a week they get a serve of my homemade fry powder.

Goodluck

Tim