spm78

My nearly completed fishroom....... finally

I had to sell a few fish to get it completed as I run out of cash as it cost alot more then I had originally budgeted for so fish build up will be a slow process. Will mainly be stocked with L numbers and anything else that I buy on a whim. Total system is 650 watts without heaters. Steve

G'day spm78.

Just a question about your system. In your last photo where your tank returns go into the 90mm pvc pipe. Have you just drilled a hole and used silicone to seal it. I'm just looking for a nice simple way to join my tanks to the return to my sump.

Cheers John :)

Very Nice!....rough estimate on what this set you back?(particularly mr Nexus?)and the stands....sorry mate for the questions but its a nice setup..very clean and well constructed...alot of fishrooms look like bits and bobs(understandable too as you add bits along the way!) but this is nice set up....

PS: Where do you park the car? :P

G'day spm78.

Just a question about your system. In your last photo where your tank returns go into the 90mm pvc pipe. Have you just drilled a hole and used silicone to seal it. I'm just looking for a nice simple way to join my tanks to the return to my sump.

Cheers John :)

Hey John yeah just drilled a hole and siliconed.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

Very Nice!....rough estimate on what this set you back?(particularly mr Nexus?)and the stands....sorry mate for the questions but its a nice setup..very clean and well constructed...alot of fishrooms look like bits and bobs(understandable too as you add bits along the way!) but this is nice set up....

PS: Where do you park the car? :P

Hey mate I budgeted $8000 for the setup, stopped counting after I blew that cause missus was ready to kill me. And cars live outside not in fishrooms lol

great set-up mate! im going to b using the nexus 200 on my system with a 3x2x2 sump. Did you go with the sequence pump? How many Lp/h is your return pump pushing?

I am using a pondmate 18000lph to pump water to tanks, and a laguna 11000lph to the nexus from the sump. With your sump be aware the nexus plus water in the pipes add up to a hell of alot when power goes out, at a guess I would have 250+litres flow back into the sump. Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve. I think that is the way i will go but i might use a rubber gromit (as aquaholic99 suggested). Your pump is the same as the one i'm trying to sell (pondmate 18000L) I haven't had any offers on it so if you need a back up pump one day just let me know. Might be able to trade a fish for it. How does the laguna go ?? I bought the laguna 7500 for my set up as my set up is only 2000 L. (For now little does the other half know).