goldenswimmers

Hey Guys-New here on the new site ;) and I'm a Ranchu man(+ Orandas,Ryukins,Tosakins)

Hey Guys,

I am a Fancy Goldfish lover and breed Quality Ranchu(frequently,but good breeders know you dont get to keep too many!:P)and looking in the future to breed some nice ryukin(have some butterfly tail so want to see if i can head toward tosakins too!) and orandas.Sorry but no love for the big eye guys(just my opinion but think there ugly;each to their own though!) and I have got some pics up here of some of my ranchu,1 of my nice ryukins and some of the different fry I have coming through!You might be impressed guys with some of the very nicely marked little ranchu I'm starting to produce.Let me know.

Cheers

Brent

post-2649-1471162317154_thumb.jpg

post-2649-14711623171917_thumb.jpg

post-2649-14711623172057_thumb.jpg

post-2649-14711623172524_thumb.jpg

post-2649-14711623172997_thumb.jpg

I'll look forward to seeing that one. My own native setup is quite empty at the moment. I tried a group of barred grunter (which I caught from Somerset Dam), but being adult wild fish they were very skittish and didn't adjust too well. They freaked out at any overhead movement (understandable, given their history with predatory birds) and seemed to be very easily startled.

I've started again and now there is just my big spangled gudgeon by himself. I'll be adding more livestock soonish, and will post pics once I'm done.

Cheers

Edited by noyakfat
spelling

Cheers yma....i want to "set a foundation" of some top quality little guys and then maybe in the future(as i hope) actually supply us downunder with fish just as good as overseas without the rarity and crazy costs(due to importing)..just quietly alot of the fish you see in the local fish stores are well ahem pretty lame...like straight backed ranchu with no head growth like a bad version of a missing fin goldfish!....Cheers mate

Welcome Brent.

Don't fancy tosakins, ryukins or ranchus at all but definitely interested in the orandas. I have also been looking for quality goldfish however the only quality stock available are the ones that are imported infrequently. Here is my imported oranda that I had a while ago. He had very beautiful finnage and good wen growth for his age. He unfortunately wedged himself between a few stones in the pond and died a few months ago.

(Watch in 480p for better quality)

Edited by netty_3164

Thats not cool netty sorry about the oranda....I know what you mean about the quality and with the infrequent imports..... I am looking to get into breeding orandas v.soon.....and I actually have some orandas at the moment(1 panda,2 white with lemon headgrowths and and an orange guy!)which I might be letting go if interested will keep you updated......Cheers =P

Will be interested in seeing pictures once you get your orandas. If they do turn out to have large head-growths and have reasonable finnage, I would be definitely interested in fry.

After the death of my oranda, I have been on the look out for the more longer-tailed comet varieties. They seem to be like another veiltail of the already longfin comets.

Here's a vid to show what I mean. Note: the shubunkin ~ this is the type of finnage I am after

Sorry I have gone a bit off topic to your 'welcome thread' but I thought you might also be interested as it is goldfish related.

Hey Netty...I got your message about the pond pack too..and yes I'm interested...must admit those are some very long fins!!!....I have an all white oranda which I will grab a pic for you...it has the longest finnage out of my orandas.....think he might look nice in your pond!....it is a very nice/peaceful set up so could be a nice home for him... ;)

Would definitely be interested to see pictures however I am only looking for the longfins in shubunkins or comets. Fancy goldfish will long tails look quite odd to me and they wont' be able to swim as gracefully in the pond as the single tailed varieties.

By the way, you need to reply to the private message as this forum does not store the 'sent' messages and therefore I forgot what I had sent you. lol