Jeremy3057

Texas Cichlid Help.

My housemate was given a large green Texas Cichlid(off his parents, hand me down due to no love for it).

What would you reccomend as tank mates for him, tank size ect.

I don't have any idea about Cichlids (aside from Discus).

HELP?

Note: Has killed many tank mates with previous owners, has bred and killed spawning partner and eggs.

Minimum volume you will need is 50 gal (200L), By the sounds of it he don't really like sharing his tank so you might be better off just leaving him by himself, Or put him in a larger cichlid community with bigger fish, but i don't see that having a positive outcome. I would suggest a 4 x 18 x 18 at least for him.

Give old Mr Grumpy a tank to himself if you're gonna keep him. He has the cranky runs on the board and is probably gonna stay that way (otherwise to make it work with other fish, you'd likely have to invest in a big tank with other big fish and big filtration)... probably easier to give him his own man cave :)

The male texas that was for sale was mine. He is in with some geos at the moment and I am not having any problems with the harmony in the tank. You could consider maybe some brasiliensis adults, possibly a red devil, some other large geos, a jag. but it would really depend on the individual fish I guess