Thanks - they are definitely good quality. How confident are you in saying A regani?

The problem with the regani group is there are a lot of them and they all look similar.

In terms of identity one of the difficulties is that the male is quite young compared with the female. I was in Annerly again today and had a good look at there big male they still have there. This helps pin down the ID.

I would now lean towards them being A sp masken. The reasoning is that the spot on the caudal penucle is wrong for A regani, and the banding on the tail.

According to Mike Wise the pictures presented in CA2 for the peru regani are actually the A Masken - and the female matches 100% with those photos. My concern was my Male - who is a juvenile fish. The male in Annerly matches pretty well with the pics too. (particularly the banding in the tail which in masken is at the end only - not throughout).

You are right the problem with any apistogramas are they are verry hard to ID at a young age.

If you do have A sp masken and you do bread them let me know as i havent seen them in australia for ages...

Either way you have some lovely fish. :)