Jeremy3057

Jardini or Leichardti?

I do not agree with anyone here... by all means get a saratoga... (the best arrow of all). also with what scrubby said.. its actually the opposite, lei's are definitely the more aggressive of the 2. and jardinis do go betta in a community tank. but having said that, either way, they are both overly aggressive fish and it will be difficult to keep them with softy fish that cant hold there own, depending on what you want to keep it with, i would go with maybe.. oscars, red devils, p-bass, and some natives like, mangrove jacks, murray cod, perch.... or maybe you would be betta off keeping one alone. unless thats what u were planning on doing anyway lol. ive seen a few successful community tanks with jardinis but very few with leichartdi. and ive owned them both and a lei would destroy a jardini. pms fish..

I do not agree with anyone here... by all means get a saratoga... (the best arrow of all). also with what scrubby said.. its actually the opposite, lei's are definitely the more aggressive of the 2. and jardinis do go betta in a community tank. but having said that, either way, they are both overly aggressive fish and it will be difficult to keep them with softy fish that cant hold there own, depending on what you want to keep it with, i would go with maybe.. oscars, red devils, p-bass, and some natives like, mangrove jacks, murray cod, perch.... or maybe you would be betta off keeping one alone. unless thats what u were planning on doing anyway lol. ive seen a few successful community tanks with jardinis but very few with leichartdi. and ive owned them both and a lei would destroy a jardini. pms fish..

Disagree with some of this, in my experience i have found that Leichardti are much more mellow but remember that both fish get big and when big fish get angry some other fish dies!!

I do believe that togas are more interesting to keep than arowana though.

Dave

The couple of Leichardti's I've owned have been calm as, not interested at all in touching or annoying other fish I've had in with them, while the Jardini's I've seen over 40cm are savage beggars when peeved.

Lei's are generally(?) captive bred, from what I've heard, so they're easier to ween onto dry and frozen foods.

I have to agree with Shay here. The Lei's I have grown out are generally fine in community tanks, exceptions being with other toga's, fish are to small or share the same top water space (archers). But I have found one they reach the 30/40cm mark they turn into real a**holes, where as I have found Jardinis seem to be be alot more suitable to large sized community tanks.

Lei's are deffinatly more jumpy and easy to spook.