I just want to see what we have in QLD at the moment in the way of live bearers. I'm mostly interested in odd balls and guppy/endler varieties. Post a picture of what you have. Becuase of the new importation laws I think we'll lose a few guppy varieties so I think we could maintain some by working with others to breed pure lines and maintain genetic diversity. I have pure german endlers and Crowtail white tuxedo guppies that I would volonteer to work with if I can get some other people interested. If you have a rarer variety let us know if your willing to give a couple away to maintain the line. Heres a few to start with>

German white tuxedo Merah (crowntail)-Poecilia reticulata

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

I got the endlers of magicrato and the mini mollies from redlands pet centre. I'm probablybringing some to the next auction or if i hve ny fry ready by the 29th I could probly give you some while I'm on holidays. Any lfs that deals with byfish should be able to order in Mini mollies. Fishchick aquatics sells endlers as well thats were these originally came from.

He has pure strain endlers but he only does orders of $50 or more. aLTHOUGH $50 PROBLY ISN'T THAT MANY FISH CONSIDERING THERE PURE..... YOU WONT FIND CERTIFIED N CLASS ENDlers here but i think the whole thing about having to trace it's origins back to venezwala(sp) is a load of b/s. I call mine n classa anyway, If Jodio sais there pure then i reckon there pure..

My guppy droped 6 days ago I have around 30 fry 1cm long. in 6 days they've doubled. I've been feeding them microworms 4 times a day.

2 days old

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

5 days

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

I'm going into fish chicks on friday so I'll get some of jodi's :-D If anyone wants any fry let me know as I want to move them on quickly.

Not really, they say if the dorsal is colored white it's hybrid but they found some like that in the wild. If your not sure then it's P class.

It's quite possible that the ones found in the "wild" are hybrids as well. Not all our SA fish come from the deepest, darkest parts of the Amazon river basin. Many come from areas where there are many introduced species of fish now.

Endlers are thought to be extinct and they were collected in 1970 and most endlers desend from those he collected, the reason behind it is becuase you need to breed a whole heap of phenotypes to get it and no one would try to do it. The people on endlers r us are nazis haha.