BettaBettaB

W/Change Deaths Inner Southside?

Has anyone experienced any mass deaths after doing a water change today inner southside? Seems to be the same patters of what was happening a couple of months ago after heavy rains when folks were losing all their fish on doing a water change.

I only did 1 x w/change in 1 x tank (had used the correct quantity of dechlor rather than double due to weather) and have lost 30 Gold Pearl Scale Angel babies leaving only 5 surviving & that's only just :(

If your water changing small fry, try to use established water from another (large) tank. As long as the fish in the large tank are not the same species you will not get growth inhibiting hormone problems and you will reduce overall water consumption while both tanks benefit. Would never use tap water direct on fry or sensitive fish species.

Actually Briztoon you are 12km as the crow flies from the city, calamvale is only 16 - would not have said it was a large distance - and it is the same water supply I believe.

As for water changes, I cant help you Di - I have continued to do mine as normal in both adult and fry tanks and not had a problem - have you tested for anything else? did you run a full set of tests over your water?

cheers

Kadango

Edited by Kadango
typo

Actually Briztoon you are 12km as the crow flies from the city, calamvale is only 16 - would not have said it was a large distance - and it is the same water supply I believe.

As for water changes, I can help you Di - I have continued to do mine as normal in both adult and fry tanks and not had a problem - have you tested for anything else? did you run a full set of tests over your water?

cheers

Kadango

Yes Briztoon thank you for your helpful comment, not. and we use the same water.

If your water changing small fry, try to use established water from another (large) tank. As long as the fish in the large tank are not the same species you will not get growth inhibiting hormone problems and you will reduce overall water consumption while both tanks benefit. Would never use tap water direct on fry or sensitive fish species.

this is my advice, stolen or not, its about as good as it gets.

I call it the mothership method....... the big tank being the mothership

Hi all, yes water is aged with heater, powerhead & bubbler although this batch had only been in the barrel for slightly less than 24 hrs. I suspect it may've been because I ran with a different dechlor product - I usually use Prime at double dose.

Sigh, ended up with 6 left out of the batch of babies which is a shame because they were stunners & really powering ahead.