I-want-your-fish

Comparing 2 cannister filters for my 6x2x2 please help me

I was going to run an fx5, with any brand of internal filter ....I ended up with 2 otto 2000 ltr filters and it is sumped. Really any internal is ok, they mainly keep the water stirred but do pick up some crud too.

When you get it all going you might want to experiment turning the internal off for a while and let the water circulate differently, then turn it back on and watch what gets stirred up off the bottom, you will be surprised. I am going to set both internals on timers and let each one run for an hour then turn off and vice versa, just to keep water currents changing within the tank. I don't know if any others do this but it does make a difference.

Yeah i was looking at the tower canister the other day it looks like a good filter i just didnt really like how tall it stands and its also see through so i thought it would sometimes look very dirty. so i think ill give them a miss.

Thanks for your input but mate im always willing to hear what you have to say

it's here, judging by the size of the box it's huuuuuuge.

unwrapping it now.

Any chance you could upload a few pics?

Also is there any chance you could offer a comparision between this canister and any other ones you may have?

Finally how long did it take to arrive from when you ordered it?

Thanks,

Craig.

have already started taking pics, will upload them when Ive finished the fun part ha ha.

ordered it on saturday so that's 5 days to get here including sunday!

I only have a fluval 305 and another of those cheap 1400lph canisters from ebay which for the money also does it's job well.

this new one is actually for my 6 foor which I'll be setting up some time next week, but will attach it to my 4x2x2 for now to start the bio inside it.

yeah it's big, here it is compared to my fluval 305.

76679467884564862736369.jpg

it comes up to my knee, biggest external Ive ever seen in person without a doubt,there might be some out there bigger, but Ive never seen one.

came with all the media but I'm certain it's crap, using it anyway for now.

priming it was a pain, they supply a siphon squeeze pump that you have to insert into one of the hose ends and keep pumping untill the thing starts to pull water through, then you have to use it to suck the air out of the inlet when it's full.

after that I turned it on, let it run for about 15 seconds before it pretty much destroyed all my aquascaping >:(

so yeah, it packs a punch in the flow area, gonna wait untill the tank settles again then restart with the flow turned down a little lol.

well after I let the tank settle I turned it back on with the outlet partially closed to restrict the flow, working well so far, it's not completely silent but given the fact that it's pumping close to 3000lph Id say it's pretty darn silent.

the only 2 drawbacks I see for it so far is the priming method and the quality of the hoses supplied with it, but I'm very happy with it none the less.

definitely recommend this unit for someone on a tight budget.