Brengun

Red Sea Max 250

Woohoo the first of my 75W ebay led lights has turned up. I need a couple to cover all the width of the tank but so far it looks great. Just have the hood with the T5's folded back out of the way atm as I can remove the whole thing later on out of the way.

These photos are taken with no flash, no room lights, just the 75w led lights on.

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

The toadstool bottom left was still in sleep mode after I took his T5 array away.

IMG_9664-1.jpg

The frogspawn went nuts after the new light. Never seen him go so extended before.

IMG_9669.jpg

They seem to go for anything from $103 to $153 or there is buy now for $195. Theres no instructions, no on-off switch, no fans, just two outlets one for blues and one for white lights. You have to add your own timer which is no biggie. It does come with stand legs too. The led are 3 watts each.

Ok double 75W leds on now. Looks fantastic!

Before shot with T5's burning 234 watts.

IMG_9126.jpg

Now with 150watts total of half blue half white 3watt leds.

IMG_9694.jpg

Its a different sort of light altogether and the white sand has heaps of shimmer.

Edited by Brengun

Time for an update? I hadn't bought anything in ages for my tank so I got a couple more corals from Pet City.

Full tank shot.

IMG_0272.jpg

Newie, a green anemone who's not very happy atm. He wasn't real happy in the lfs either but I reckon I can cheer him up. He walked off his rock and is hiding behind the blasto atm.

IMG_0277.jpg

New green morph. Just a little one.

IMG_0268.jpg

A sps brown but has blue tips. Might be interesting as it grows.

IMG_0278.jpg

The new led lights were due to go out just before the photos so I altered the timer and caught the coral banded shrimp sneaking out from his hiding spot.

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Porcelain crab is safe in his anemone.

IMG_0283.jpg

Still have my snail who gets the lower inch of algae to feed on.

IMG_0280.jpg

Nuther shot of the new green morph.

IMG_0275.jpg

One of my bigger morphs.

IMG_0279.jpg

Green acropora sps has gone nuts under leds.

IMG_0273.jpg

Catl...what ever it is looks happy too. The gorgonian stick thing up the back was fluffy before a water change but its sulking in that photo post wc.

IMG_0274.jpg

My new anemone was sulking baaaad. He was tucked almost under a rock and looking very unhappy. Then my sexy shrimp came along and has been woo'ing the anemone and bit by bit he's cheering up and coming out. At first the anemone was all stringy as you can see some evidence in the first shot, and he was a little cranky too, wanting to sting the sexy shrimp. But shrimp are very patient and he's doing his tail swinging sexy dance and winning his new friend over.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

The new anemone disappeared. Haven't seen it again unless its way up underneath overhanging liverock. I think it might have been sick when I got it with a fungal condition or something as it never looked happy.

Seems I can only ever count one sexy shrimp instead of the two I bought ages ago. Could have strayed too close to the wavemaker, gotten swallowed by the tube worm or eaten by the coral banded shrimp who is carnivorous.

That sps which was being tickled by the pink anemone went white where it touched it so I put a little liverock barrier in front but I think the anemone can still reach over it is he tries hard enough. I might have to reset the green sps in a better spot.

That mushroom is huge! Will get a photo of it sometime but does entail cleaning the glass a bit better than I have been.

The new skimmer is good when I remembers to empty it lol. Been a bit slack on it lately lol.

I discovered a different world with only blue led lights on. Everything green or orange glows in the dark! Will have to fiddle with different camera settings and see if I can get an unblury flash off shot of it.

The big marine 6ft with two lionfish and a clown trigger is a disaster atm with them having ich. Have completed a 4 day treatment but the triggerfish is blind atm. Hoping he comes good but he's not too happy atm.

Ok now my 6ft marine is currently bare of fish, I am thinking about moving some of these corals in the 3ft out to the bigger tank.

What do you think I should move?

Will my porcelain crab be safe with his anemone in the bigger tank if a foxface rabbitfish and a purple tang move in later?

That big mushroom in the back right has outgrown his spot and has cut off some of the swimming room of the little fish in there. It go to 6ft too?

Anything else?

Maybe the elegance coral in the front? Its even bigger now and is tickling corals it shouldnt be able to reach.

Oh, the brain coral from the front is testing out the waters in the big 6ft tonight. See how it goes. The favias had crept over and stung him on one side so escaping to another tank might be good.

Edited by Brengun

Ok now my 6ft marine is currently bare of fish, I am thinking about moving some of these corals in the 3ft out to the bigger tank.

What do you think I should move?

Will my porcelain crab be safe with his anemone in the bigger tank if a foxface rabbitfish and a purple tang move in later?

That big mushroom in the back right has outgrown his spot and has cut off some of the swimming room of the little fish in there. It go to 6ft too?

Anything else?

Maybe the elegance coral in the front? Its even bigger now and is tickling corals it shouldnt be able to reach.

Oh, the brain coral from the front is testing out the waters in the big 6ft tonight. See how it goes. The favias had crept over and stung him on one side so escaping to another tank might be good.

Well the mushroom, elegance, brain and devils hand (in the right front corner)

those would be my choices to move to the 6foot

the crab should be fine as long as it has its anemone, foxes and tangs are much better behaved than triggers in that regard

Just read the whole thread, im amazed that this was your 1st marine, and can only hope mine turns out half as good! Great work, cantwait for more updates!