Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ronny

Urgent WTB 2.5 foot sump or 2 cannisters

My 2.5' x 18" x 20" sump has just sprung a small leak. I am attempting to reseal it at the moment by cutting the silicon off of the inside and re-siliconing it, however this would only be a temporary fix as the tank it was made from was poorly made and i dont think it will survive much longer. I do not require any filter media or pumps etc of course i have these already. This sump runs 2 4'x2'x2' american tanks so if i cannot find a sump two 1500lph+ cannisters would be my other option. I am looking for something cheap as i have a bubs due very soon and it will only be a temporary solution as once my room is finished the tanks are all going onto a much larger sump system.

Thanks in advance

Ronny

I dont think you will really have a problem with resealing it with silicon, its a leak right? Or has the glass sides pulled away from each other?

If its a leak because its not a display tank just put a decent amount of silicon all the way up each side and the bottom. Shouldnt have any probelm holding.

If its pulled away you will more then likely have to cut all the old silicon out first then clamp and re-seal. Altho it wont be as strong.

Im no expert on this just my opinion.

Alan

Sides havent pulled away it just had a small leak and when i started cutting the silicon off i found a 2cm section that was loose off the glass and wet underneath so im guessing thats where it was leaking from. just gunna glue it up for now but i would like to get another in case things go pear shaped again

Sorry but i think those sumps are a little small as i need to put the 80 litres of bio material back into it plus i dont think they would handle the flow of the 3800l/min pump. Thanks anyway much appreciated