WhoWeR

Birchardi Babies !!!

My two birchardi have babies!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

They have been in that tank for a while and had lay several batches of eggs but no babies. I was thinking I had two girls, that's ok cause they are such a beautiful little fish. I was just showing a friend all my tanks and pointed out the birchardi and then had to look again and there is a cloud of tiny little babies. My friend was so excited....(another friend hooked yippeeeee)

Just a quick question. They had a power filter in their tank. I have switched it off and added a sponge filter. Just wondering if I should pull the other filter out? I don't want to disturb them too much and they have their bubs right next to the filter. Will leaving the filter sitting there, not running affect the ammonia levels?

Thanks

Jenny

Cool! Now you can watch them rear the young. :roll:

I'd give the power filter a light clean then leave it in there turned off for 2-3 weeks, until the Sponge filter becomes established. Plus keep an eye on the water in that time, maybe a 20% water change towards the end of this week.

But really can't see too much of a drama unless you start feeding the fry 4-5 times a day.