Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teacherman

wtb 4 foot double fluoro reflector

Hi guys,

I am after a 4 foot fluoro, (with reflector Ryan!) preferably double fitting, either dalbard type (prefer black), or aqua one or the newer aquarworld.

Prefer in pretty good condition- don't need tubes, but don't mind if they're included- school will have to electrical test them anyway!

Does anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, adam

i know this isnt a reflector teacherman but look at a electrical wholesaler and ask about a 4ft T-bat troffer i can get u a photo of the one i use holds twin t8 4ft fluros and it sits neatly on a 4ft tank or inside a hood, its all powdercoated aswell so no rusting problems they cost about $40 new

Thanks for the suggection cripple

I've actually got a twin fluoro light fitting (from Ryan), but since it has no reflector/ housing, and my tank doesn't have a hood- I feel that it might be unsuitable for a school classroom where inquisitive hands touch things.

Also, if the tubes are exposed to the outside world, they could get hit by a projectile, such as a pencil, rubber, text book etc, which does happen from time to time. The tanks are robust enough to withstand this (touch wood), but a fluoro tube is not. Afterall, I teach in a state school!

Hence, why I am looking for the enclosed reflector.

well teacherman heres the fitting oh btw its steel so you could probably thro a student at is and the fluro wont break :)

DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

thats put inside my makeshift hood atm but it will just sit ontop of the tank by itse. and the fluros arent exposed except to put light in the tank

Thanks enthusiast!

It sounds like a good excuse to go to the coast- I'll take the kayak down and go for a paddle, and pick up the light on the way (or way back).

I can make it down on Sunday, if that suits you.

Can you pm me your details?

Adam