Davo25

help needed cannister filter

Hey guys, in a spot of bother here.Last night when i cleaned out my aqua pro 1500 cannister/external filter i found that on the "out" side port where you hook the hose to the filter the plastic has cracked down the side.I tried to araldite to fix the crack but to no evail.Im running a 3200lph internal filter and sum air stones but thats all i have.

What i was wondering is do i need a new external filter or do these parts exist from lfs??? plus i think my brand of filter is old(bought it second hand with the tank).

Any help will be appreciated, plus how long can i keep just the one filter running in my tank without harming the fish.In the tank which is 6x2x2 i have:

3x kadango's 15cm

2x kandago females 8cm

1x blue dolphin 9cm

4x lambardois

1x electric blue female

1x johanni 4cm

1x elongatus 4cm

2x very large sailfin pleco

Cheers Dave.

Was the internal filter aged? If it was aged it should build the bacteria levels up quicker than a new filter. Maybe just try and keep the pleco poop under control, physical removing it before it adds to the bio load. You could trying netting it out or run a gravel vac over to suck it up. Just thinking to keep the tank a bit more stable. I think that size filter should be enough. That tank should be just under 700lt, 700x4=2800. Your filter should easily turn it over 4times per hour. So it should be fine for now. The air stone will only help with water moving and help to keep oxygen levels up. Just keep an eye on the ammonia levels and you should be fine.

As for your canister. You can ask at your LFS but they probably can't get the parts unless they stock that brand (just a guess). You could message Brad(motorman) and ask him or try Age of Aquariums (www.ageofaquariums.com.au).

You may be lucky and someone on the forum may have one lying around that doesn't work and you could pinch a part. :wink:

Jenny

I had an aqua nova for about a week, then it started leaking water out of the power cord. Replaced it and the next one did the same thing. Ended up replacing it 4 times in one day and they all did it. I do not recomomend the aqua nova. I ended up getting my money back and spent $150 on this one (JHW-303B + 9W UV Sterilizer). It even has a U.V light in it. THe water is crystal clear. DEFINETLY RECOMEND IT!!!

HERE IS A LINK TO IT (cheaper than what i paid for it at AOA, Add 10$ delivery on top but still only $110

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/canister-filters/1500l/h-with-uv-canister-filter-with-all-filter-media-new/prod_28.html

Hope this helps

Nick

I had an aqua nova for about a week, then it started leaking water out of the power cord. Replaced it and the next one did the same thing. Ended up replacing it 4 times in one day and they all did it. I do not recomomend the aqua nova.

I have an aqua nova and I find when filling the canister if you miss the two inlets on the top and the water goes under the lid it will leak out the power cord. I think that because the water that goes in there doesn't go into the canister but just under the cover lid. It has to come out some where. That just my experience, it doesn't mean that your weren't faulty, I can't judge that.

Jenny

I had an aqua nova for about a week, then it started leaking water out of the power cord. Replaced it and the next one did the same thing. Ended up replacing it 4 times in one day and they all did it. I do not recomomend the aqua nova. I ended up getting my money back and spent $150 on this one (JHW-303B + 9W UV Sterilizer). It even has a U.V light in it. THe water is crystal clear. DEFINETLY RECOMEND IT!!!

HERE IS A LINK TO IT (cheaper than what i paid for it at AOA, Add 10$ delivery on top but still only $110

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/canister-filters/1500l/h-with-uv-canister-filter-with-all-filter-media-new/prod_28.html

Hope this helps

Nick

Great store you've found there, but they're away on holidays at the moment.