dude_753

Cheap Aquarium Products (stores... PLease add)

Hey Just after decent stores that sell cheap aquarium products, so we all know where to get bargains from. Also any info and advice you can give about the store would be good too. For example your experiance there.

Ill start by adding the obvious

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au

This one is really good, not to many people have come accros them tho but i think there great. $10 delivery on shipments but there cheaper than AOA. Check em out

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au

Please add your store

Cheers Nick

I'll give anyone six 36W UV sterilizers and a few lights I've bought from the people that own guppy aquarium products if you can get them to honour their statutory guarantees.

8O ...that's a good enough recommendation for me

I'll give anyone six 36W UV sterilizers and a few lights I've bought from the people that own guppy aquarium products if you can get them to honour their statutory guarantees.

What warranty do your products come with?

We believe our low prices need to be followed up by warranty. This is why we offer a 6-month warranty on ALL of our products STORE WIDE.

G'day Moses,

I'm not sure if you're asking me a question or not, but the legal requirement in Australia is a six month guarantee on electrical products.Having this guarantee honoured by AVK imports has not been worth the trouble even though I've spent thousands of dollars with them.

Do you have an association with them? Can you get my products replaced?

I noticed this;

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... od_28.html

was posted the other day as a recommendation. I don't understand how this filter can have an Aust. compliance power cable fitted that is rated for lower wattage than the filter's motor, let alone the UV lamp. I'm not very good at technical details, but if my past experience is any indication, having any problems rectified by the importer will be frustrating and unsatisfactory. Can anyone clarify this?

G'day Moses,

I'm not sure if you're asking me a question or not, but the legal requirement in Australia is a six month guarantee on electrical products.Having this guarantee honoured by AVK imports has not been worth the trouble even though I've spent thousands of dollars with them.

Do you have an association with them? Can you get my products replaced?

I noticed this;

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... od_28.html

was posted the other day as a recommendation. I don't understand how this filter can have an Aust. compliance power cable fitted that is rated for lower wattage than the filter's motor, let alone the UV lamp. I'm not very good at technical details, but if my past experience is any indication, having any problems rectified by the importer will be frustrating and unsatisfactory. Can anyone clarify this?

In Australia under the Federal Trade Practices Act, the minimum warranty is 12 months from date of purchase (point of sale).

caio

Graeme

Should've clarified that the quote was from their FAQ section on their website.

The only person I am in association with is my wife :wink:

Getting warranty claims from importers/online sellers is a pain in the arse. Spent 6 months chasing a replacement pump for my FX5 only to have to go through Fair Trading to come up empty anyway. Now off to Small Claims for principal only :evil: Use caution here IMOthese

Best bet is to buy from a reputable LFS. Get a good relationship going with them and you get discounts anyway, and they treat you well.

If all else fails, you get what you pay for 8)

Hey guys,

I agree with Chris, buy regularly from an lfs and they will usually stand behind their products. If they don't, find another lfs to deal with.

Also, I have always found personally that Ben at AOA stands behind anything he sells.

What is that old saying " the pain of poor quality remains long after the joy of a bargain price"

Cheers, Doug

I second Doug on that one, Ben at AOA will exchange any product if there's a problem - no fuss, no drama.

Should've clarified that the quote was from their FAQ section on their website.

The only person I am in association with is my wife :wink:

Getting warranty claims from importers/online sellers is a pain in the arse. Spent 6 months chasing a replacement pump for my FX5 only to have to go through Fair Trading to come up empty anyway. Now off to Small Claims for principal only :evil: use caution here IMO these

Best bet is to buy from a reputable LFS. Get a good relationship going with them and you get discounts anyway, and they treat you well.

If all else fails, you get what you pay for 8)

I was looking at ordering one of those filters just last night, but now I've turned right off dealing with them! Perhaps a sign, but I couldn't order as they've gone on holidays at the moment. Maybe that's for the better!

Now i no more about guppy's i think i will scrap em. I do agree that ben at AOA is awesome for customer service and the garuntee of is products.

I personaly never had a problem with guppys but if people are having these sought of problems i dont want to take the risk.

Cheers For the advice

Nick

just my 2 cents worth but you get what you pay for

when it comes to a all round service you cant go past BEN at AOA but there are cheaper guys out there ie guppies but does it come with the service and garantee BEN provides " i dont think so".

personally i get stuff off both where else but guppies can you get a double T5 light with 20000k bulbs for $54??????????? yeh you may get a broken one or one that dosn't last but $54 you cant even get the bulbs from an aquarium for that price.

you just need to way up the odds .

why is it ok for people to denigrate an online business like several people have done here with guppys yet it is regarded as a mortal sin to dare to do the same to a lfs? Please explain the difference to me because I don't see it.

Well with most things its buyer beware

If somthing is too good to be true it probly is

So count ya lossers and move on

Lifes too short to be bitching about what went wrong

Ya fair enough to worn other people but others have had no problems

So lock this thred so we can get on with our lifes lol

Roo

I have found Redlands Pet Centre at Capalaba to be the cheapest. I just mentioned that I use QLDAF and the owner really looked after me. Cheaper than AOA, especially with Spectrum and well known brands. He said he won't sell crap like Aqua Pro and Sun Sun. Good bloke and easy to deal with.

I have found Redlands Pet Centre at Capalaba to be the cheapest. I just mentioned that I use QLDAF and the owner really looked after me. Cheaper than AOA, especially with Spectrum and well known brands. He said he won't sell crap like Aqua Pro and Sun Sun. Good bloke and easy to deal with.

Good one. Next time I'm down that way might check it out.

I got some New Life Spectrum (300g) from Annerley Aquarium yesterday for a fairly good price, on par with online ordering when you factor in freight (not to mention the convenience of getting it home immediately rather than "3-5 working days" for delivery).

I am like Doug. I prefer the befriend a lfs, supply them fish, get discount on dry goods. Plus if you use a good enough lfs, they let you know what goodies are floating around too. :wink:

I have had problems with on line store even one that gets a glowing mention here. I don't appreciate being called rough, only for him not to able to do it either. I had to buy a new different product, only at a discount. :roll: yeh,, I could of kicked up a stink etc, I prefer to just go elsewhere, if I know it won't get me anywhere.

Frenchy :D