damo83

Eco Complete Planted Substrate

Hi folks,

I'm looking at starting up a 2ft planted tank and have been checking out the substrates available.

Is anyone able to give some feedback on the Eco Complete Planted Substrate? Is it worth the money or is there a better/cheaper alternative. I'm not really keen on using soil.

I'm not 100% sure what plants I'll be keeping yet but most likely some crypts, dwarf swords, and maybe attempt some hair grass or similiar. Still very new to plants that actually need care ie non-plastic variety.

Thanks in advance.

Damo

there is far better planted substrates for the same price. ADA Amazonia, or UPAQUA are the two best available in my opinion, there is a cheap online store that is a certain livebearer starting with G that has the bags for cheaper than Eco Complete. Eco complete is still good though.

Really? That is a shame as he is really good with the substrates and cannot stuff it up. I have bought all my ADA products from him with no problems. But that is a shame as it is far cheaper and can save you a fortune if you are chasing alot. UpAqua would be better than ADA as ADA is a headache sometimes (I am using it and know from experience haha). UpAqua leaches nutrients slower and is not as potent as ADA