Tabbycat

Fish ID Please

Hey I just picked this guy up from my sisters place today as her boyfriend's brother left his tank at their place and no one has been looking after it. I saved the last 3 fish left alive in there as my sister was sick to trying to get someone to clean it out or do something with the fish. 2 were clownloaches and then there was this guy. I think he is a Synodontis eupterus but I just want to make sure. He is about 12cm t/l looks healthy enough and is loving my 6 foot tank. Is there anything I should know about them. He is living in my 6 footer with all my africans

idplease.jpg

It looks like an eupterus to me. It should be fine with africans, just don't put it with small african (juvi's). I had one and at one stage the only place I had left for it was with some young electric yellows. Well they slowly disappeared. It was interesting to watch but seemed a bit shy and mine had half it's mouth missing (previous owners neglect).

it is tabbs it is, nice robust catty, they like to eat a wide variety of foods and that is the key to keeping Syno's fit and healthy, a wide varied diet. They will take flake, tablet food, prawns, shrimps and frozen bloodworm.

nice and easy to keep and can handle most tankmates :)

nice fish :oops:

Very nice eupterus.

They tend to be more active (hence more interesting) when there is two or more of them. One will always be too shy to come out and play... so get another one and you'll be suprised how active they'll become.

cheers