steven

whoooooohoooooooooooooooo

well asu can tell by the title im happy because my oscars layed it was only a smll brood of like a 100 but its a start and ive only had em for like 5days so i am very happy will post some pics up later if i can but any help on raising fry would be great lol

cheers steven

well i came home and they had finished and were going off at each like opening theres mouths and and lip locking over the eggs so i left em and there wasnt as many eggs as i thought there would be anyway there still a pale orange but i ve always thought that after 24hours of laying there sposed to go transparent and hatch in 4 days or so but its been 24hrs and they are still orange and not c thru there still fanning em and stuff but not sure if there dead lol any help or sugestions people of wats sposed to happen and if its ok that they havent changed color help us out plz lol

cheers steven

Stevey,

They did look infertile to me in the photos, but as we discussed - time will tell.

Its still early days.

A couple of things to lift your spirits though,............

As the eggs hatch most americans usually transfer the wrigglers to another spot in the tank, - mum will guard them closely, so it is possible that some eggs were fertile and they have simply been moved by parents

and the infertile eggs are left behind by mum and then eaten when they do not hatch.

So you still may have some fry in there somewhere. :lol:

Don't get disheartened if dad didnt do the job properly this time,

they should repeat the whole process in the near future.

It is up to you whether you take the eggs next time and hatch them in another tank, or leave them with the parents to raise.

If breeding Oscars is for the enjoyment for you,

{and not primarily for the dollar value of the resale of the juveniles,}

then there is no better sight than enjoying a good pair of any american cichilds raisng their fry for 2-3 weeks. :D

A sight to be proud of - for you, and heaps of self satisfaction.

Good luck matey.