Put it together today, funny shape because of how it's going to sit around my tank but it fits and should work well. Will test the power of the siphon (and whether it works or not :D) tomorrow as it was curing today.

Basically, the thick 2" pipe sits in the tank at the back left. Because my tank is completely enclosed with a 2" gap all around, I've got the rest of it running up the left hand side of my tank towards the front (didn't want to do it at the back), hence the curve around to bend flexible tubing in through a whole in the back of my cabinet.

full2.jpg

full.JPG

flexijoint.JPG

Bad photo of the 25mm flexible tubing hose end.

inlets.JPG

And the water level inlets, still need to clean them up a little.

Will update the thread tomorrow or whenever I get around to it.

Pulling 2400lph through it in first tests, I believe I can get a little more out of it after I put in the 1 way valve to remove air from the top section as I don't believe that was max flow.

Restarts perfectly after breaking siphon too.

Japes,

If your happy to use the double pipe on the inside of the tank, why dont you use it on the outside too? it would take up less space and be less noticable.

It just slots along a 2" gap down the side of the tank between a wall, so it wouldn't fit.

Shouldn't the Tee peice be higher as this is the actual overflow?? that way that syphon is alway there so the water level in the pipes is at the same level as the tank water. once the level gets above the tee peice it can then flow to the sump.

Matt

Shouldn't the Tee peice be higher as this is the actual overflow?? that way that syphon is alway there so the water level in the pipes is at the same level as the tank water. once the level gets above the tee peice it can then flow to the sump.

Matt

Not necessary with how the water level intake holes in the 2"/1" initial siphon are set up.